You can play the first hour of Prey today on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, so fire up your preferred console and start downloading. Also, the PC specs and pre-load times for the title have been provided as well.
During the opening hour of the game, players will be able to install hacker skills, Leverage which allow heavy items to be lifted out of the way or used against enemies, or the Repair ability, which allows the player to fix things.
It’s also possible to find areas of Talos I way which may not nessisarily be open to a more “casual player in the first hour of the game.” This can be achieved, for example, by using the GLOO Gun to create new pathways to higher levels.
Players can also run into NPCs in the demo, fighting to survive the Typhon outbreak. It’s up to the player to either help them out, ignore them, or take them out.
As previously reported, save files from the demo will not carry over to the full game, unlike the Dishonored 2 demo. So keep that in mind. This information was confirmed to us by a Bethesda representative when we sent an inquiry.
While the demo isn’t available on PC, those planning to pick the game up on the platform will be interested in the minimum and required specs. Those are listed below, along with pre-load and unlock timing on all platforms. If you are interested in the list of Achievements for the game, you can find those through here. Beware, though, as the list if full of spoilers.
Prey PC Specs
- CPU: Intel i5-2400, AMD FX-8320
- GPU: GTX 660 2GB, AMD Radeon 7850 2GB
- Memory: 8GB
- CPU: Intel i7-2600K, AMD FX-8350
- GPU: GTX 970 4GB, AMD R9 290 4GB
- Memory: 16GB
Drivers: Driver information coming soon
PC Advanced Settings
- Object Detail
- Shadow Quality
- Texture Quality
- Anisotropic Filtering
- Horizontal Field of View
- Screen Space Directional Occlusion
- Screen Space Reflections
Prey Space Requirements for Consoles
A launch day patch will be made available for the game when it releases on May 5 and will require additional space than what is listed below.
- Those picking Prey up on PS4 will need to have at least 42GB of free space available, as the title takes up approximately 38.2 to 39.5GB. The maximum amount of space for save files allocated to the title is 1GB, with at least 44.05MB of space required to create the profile on first boot. Each save file will require 10.49MB of space.
- For Xbox One users, recommended free space is 38GB, with the title taking up approximately 34.9 to 35.7GB. Additional space for save files will be necessary, with file sizes ranging from 391.8 kilobytes to 197MB, depending on type and total play time.
Prey Pre-Load Times
- Europe: Midnight by territory on April 29
- America: Midnight EST on April 28
Xbox One: Midnight EST on April 27
PC: May 3, Midnight EST/5am UK
Prey will unlock at midnight by territory May 5 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, and at midnight ET/5am UK on PC.