If you have 28 minutes to spare, give this Nier: Automata video a watch.
The video features just under 28 minutes of uninterrupted Nier: Automata gameplay, and shows off various RPG elements.
Several gameplay systems, skills and features can be used by players and the showcased elements in the video are posted below.
- “Reliquary” System – Players can return to where their characters were defeated to gain additional buffs, or even gain an ally to assist in their battle against the fearsome machines.
- 17 Different Pod Skills – Using “Pods,” your mini-robot companions, players can not only temporarily hover or be thrown distances to access additional areas, but each Pod can be programmed with a variety of offensive and defense skills, including lasers, hammers, and more. By using up to three Pods at the same time, players can also charge their skills to make them up to three times stronger.
- “Plug-in-Chip” System – By installing chips into your android body, players can increase damage and add skills to help survive against enemies.
- Riding System – Players can ride boars and other wildlife for quicker travel, while also using them to attack.
- Quest Hub – As players immerse themselves in the desolate world, they can take on a variety of sub-quests from multiple Quest Hubs scattered throughout.
- Fishing Minigame – Players can catch a variety of fish through this mini-game to sell or gain temporary beneficial status effect.
Nier: Automata releases on PlayStation 4 in North America on March 7 and Europe on March 10.
The game also supports PS4 Pro, and Digital Foundry seemed rather impressed with the higher resolution, features “superior anti-aliasing” and consistent 60FPS during intense action sequences. Still, the PS4 Pro has a “few hard dips throughout.”
It will also be released on Steam for PC at some point this year.