Do you want to throw a rotting corpse with a trebuchet? Of course you do.
Conan Exiles developer Funcom has said that it doesn’t expect the new survival adventure game to be in Early Access for longer than a year.
It also detailed a number of features and content it intends to roll out during the next 12 months, as well as tailoring its content to the needs of the players.
“Full and final launch will happen later – we do not expect Early Access to last more than a year,” it said.
While the game is already live with multiple features, Funcom has also gone into some detail on the additions we can expect over the next 12 months, including building siege weapons, learning the dark arts of sorcery, taming mounts and expanded religion and thrall systems
Conan Exiles upcoming features
- Mounts and taming: Later in Early Access we’ll implement mounts and a way to tame them. Mounts will function as transportation methods, and we hope to add mounted combat, but we won’t implement warmounts that fight for you.
- Expanded religion system: We want to expand it with doctrines that require you to act a certain way for a period of time in order to gain favor from your god.
- Siege weapons: We’re working on implementing the trebuchet into the game soon, allowing you to attack other player’s fortifications with massive rocks. We’re also going to let you shoot rotting corpses with the trebuchet!
- Clothes customization: We want players to express themselves through the clothes their exile wears, which is why we will soon implement a system for players to dye and customize their clothes.
- Expanded thrall system: For now thralls act as guards or craftsman. We wish to expand this system to thralls can also work as hunter/gatherers for the player. Thrall scheduling and city management will also be added to the game, as well as thrall upkeep with food.
- Biomes: We launch with the desert biome and will add other biomes during the Early Access period.
- Hitbox damage: We will set up damage amounts for the different body parts during Early Access.
- Sorcery system: Magic is an important part of Conan’s world and so it will be a part of Conan Exiles. You won’t get access to fireball and similar types of combat magic, but going from a starving exile to a dark sorcerer will be a path you can take. It will, however, be long and difficult.