Messi is no longer the highest-rated player in FIFA, a first in many years.
EA says ratings are based on player performances over the last 365 days in league and cup competitions. For the first time since 2009, Barcelona’s Lionel Messi has not claimed the top spot. Instead, Real Madrid’s (and longtime rival) Cristiano Ronaldo is the top player this, followed closely by Messi and Neymar.
Here are the top ten from highest to lowest:
- 1. Cristiano Ronaldo – 94 (Real Madrid)
- 2. Lionel Messi – 93 (Barcelona)
- 3. Neymar – 92 (Barcelona)
- 4. Luis Suárez – 92 (Barcelona)
- 5. Manuel Neuer – 92 (Bayern Munich)
- 6. Gareth Bale – 90 (Real Madrid)
- 7. Zlatan Ibrahimović – 90 (Manchester United)
- 8. Jérôme Boateng – 90 (Bayern Munich)
- 9. Robert Lewandowski – 90 (Bayern Munich)
- 10. David De Gea – 90 (Manchester United)
EA Sports also announced the top 20 players for the English Premiere League. The list includes Liverpool’s Coutinho, Chelsea’s Willian and Diego Costa, Arsenal’s Laurent Koscielny and Santi Cazorla, Tottenham’s Hugo Llori, Manchester United’s Paul Pogba, and many more.
These rankings are likely to change as head into this season of football, depending on how many of these stars will be able to keep a good form for the entire year.
FIFA 17 is out September 27 on PC, PS4, and Xbox One.