Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 has received a new patch full of changes and additions.
Patch 1.04 is now available for Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 across PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The patch brings a massive list of balance changes for weapons, maps, and Specialists, as well as new features.
You can now join friends’ games in-progress through the menu. The Multiplayer Music option now allows players to preview music and change the ones heard when playing multiplayer.
Call of Duty Points is another thing the patch added. This new currency is bought with real-money and can be used to buy Rare Supply Drops for multiplayer, and Vials of Liquid Divinium for use in zombies mode. The points can also be used to buy other cosmetics and extra character slots. All players get 200 to start, for free.
The patch also brought new Prestige Icons (thanks, Reddit). These are available from Max Prestige levels (level 56). The icons are the ones featured in other Treyarch games like World at War, Black Ops, and Black Ops 2.
Three new special secondary weapons have also been added. These can be found in the supply drops and they’re Butterfly Knife, Wrench, and Brass Knuckles.
Find the top gameplay changes below, and visit the Activision support page for the full, expansive list.
- Quick Join option added to the Multiplayer Main Menu. This allows Players to party-up with any eligible Players on their Friends List who are currently playing Black Ops 3
- Multiplayer Music option in the Audio menu now allows players to preview music samples and change the music heard when playing Multiplayer
- Custom Games functionality has been expanded. Support has been added for official Custom Game Variants as well as saving Custom Games
- Fixed an error that would occasionally occur when returning to the Multiplayer Lobby after completing a match or entering/exiting the Arena Lobby
- XP earn rate increased for Team Deathmatch, Search & Destroy, Capture the Flag, Safeguard, Demolition, and Free-For-All
- Increased rate at which Cryptokeys are earned
- Players no longer get points for killing teammates with the Satellite Drone in Uplink, when Friendly-Fire is enabled in Custom Games
- Players will no longer spawn at the same point in Free-For-All if there are more than 8 players in a Custom Match
- Fixed an issue where the tinted full screen effect would remain after the player had exited the Hardened Sentry
- Improved the Dart Scorestreak’s ability to lock onto enemy targets
- Fixed a start spawn issue with Free-For-All where waiting to select a class could spawn the Player behind other Players
- Improved enemy spawns during Gun Game and Free-For-All
- Players who join a Free-For-All or Gun Game match in-progress will not have a loss recorded if they do not place in the Top 3
- Addressed an issue where Players would get disconnected from Gun Game if they joined a match in-progress
- Players will now be kicked for inactivity if idling in Gun Game
A video going over the Black Market’s personalization items, which can be purchased with Cryptokeys and Call of Duty Points, is post above.