Hajime Tabata has ambitious ideas for Final Fantasy 15, such as the ability for players to hear their own MP3 music files through the car radio. Or other Final Fantasy music.
Due to the legalities surrounding music files, Tabata said the team would likely use Final Fantasy or other Square Enix music in the car. This would keep the company clear of strict US copyright laws, because as we all know, the RIAA is nothing to mess with. The laws are even stricter in Europe, while Japan is more lax out of the three.
This is just one nugget of information he provided to Famitsu in a recent interview.
According to translations made by Siliconera, below are a few of those interesting tidbits:
- As previously stated, Tabata expects airships to be released as free DLC at some point. There are also plans for DLC containing costumes, likely Gilgamesh as a character, and extra character scenarios to provide players with things to do once the game is completed.
- There are various kinds of fish which vary from area to area. Some of the fish players can catch will be up to 3.2 feet long (one meter). Presently, players can’t fish at sea, but Tabata thinks it would be a good idea since players can travel by boat. Fish will be important to recipes, so it’s not just some hobby your character will participate in: catching a new fish will also increase recipe numbers.
- The other party members will have their own unique hobbies. For example: Prompto uses his smartphone to take pictures and these can be uploaded onto social media. His enjoyment of taking photos will also tie into actions and the story later on.
- Gladio is into the outdoors. The FF15 team has been collaborating with cooler and outdoor product giant Coleman, so expect to see some of its gear – such as tents – in the game. He also likes to fight, and will research various skills and moves which can benefit all party members as a cooperative combat ability.
- Speaking of battles, Chocobos aren’t interested in such things, so you can’t do battle while riding them. Also, they can decide to run off when a battle gets underway. You can feed the Chocobos vegetables which will provide various boosts such as extra health. There will also be Black Chocobos, but Tabata hasn’t decided whether players can ride them yet or not as they are tentatively wild animals.
- Tabata is still also still deciding whether Moogles will be included in the game.
- As the game’s story advances, the nights will become longer, so the “Dawn” title from the trailer is important to the story. Speaking of the world growing darker, the previously unnamed black-haired lady, Gentiana, has been revealed as Luna’s assistant – but she’s more than that, she’s also a protector. Luna is using her powers to stop the advancement of the “Plague of the Star” which will eventually engulf the world in darkness. Luna also has a dog which protects her.
- Due to the special relationship between Noctis and Luna, she can be taken along as a guest to fight alongside you. Other than the promised marriage between these two characters, there’s also a secret promise between them which Tabata would not reveal.
How much you wanna bet said “promise” isn’t something which will end well for the characters? Will it be crying time again like with Tidus and Yuna? We’ll have to wait and see, but it sounds a bit ominous to me.
There’s a few more tidbits posted through Siliconera, which I will link to again here, but that’s the gist of it.
Final Fantasy 15 is in development for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One and a release date for the game will be announced during a special event in March.