Some more details about Bloodborne’s upcoming expansion have been revealed by an interview with series producer Masaaki Yamagiwa.
Speaking with Justin Haywald over at Gamespot, Yamagiwa shared a few details about what The Old Hunters will add. The full interview is well worth reading, but here are the most interesting points:
- There will be three stages, and you will not be able to access them from a sub-menu or from the beginning. The content is locked off until a certain point in the game.
- The setting “is a nightmare where the Old Hunters have been trapped”, and the lore of Yharnam will be expanded upon.
- There will be 10-15 new weapons, as many players have requested more weapons in the game. There will be new armour sets too.
- Difficulty-wise, it should be about on par with the later sections of the game.
- In regard to all the secrets and theories out there about what Bloodborne is all about: “we have some very fun tricks up our sleeve for the final version of the game”.
Bloodborne: The Old Hunters releases on November 24.