The PC is finally getting a decent E3 showcase thanks to AMD and our pals at PC Gamer.
The E3 2015 PC Gaming Show was quite the event. Although its was less bombastic than its console and publisher cousins, it certainly generated plenty of news.
Sponsor TripWire Interactive kicked off the show with discussion of its in-development Early Access title, Killing Floor. Early Access was one of the recurring themes of the show, with Cliff Bleszinski citing it as one of the reasons why Bluestreak is launching on PC first, and DayZ creator Dean Hall discussing what he’s learned about the process.
A much-anticipated appearance by Microsoft’s Phil Spencer and surprise guest Rod Fergusson of The Coalition dropped a few bombs, but there was no word of PC simships for new releases from the Xbox team, unfortunately. Neither Spencer nor Fergusson would commit to future plans.
In addition to the headlines below and the showings discussed above, we also saw brief snippets of Hitman, SOMA, Fable Legends, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and Beyond Eyes, although no clips were released, unfortunately.
Check out the highlights of the show below:
- Tripwire Interactive announces Rising Storm 2: Vietnam
- Total War: Warhammer teaser looks back at series history
- Killer Instinct coming to PC, offering cross-play with Xbox One
- Gears of War: Ultimate Edition coming to PC
- SCS Software announces American Truck Simulator
- Pillars of Eternity: The White March expansion “coming soon”
- Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns trailer shows off guild halls
- Frontier Developments reveals Planet Coaster at E3
- Dirty Bomb E3 2015 trailer shows off Splash Damage’s first owned IP
- Check out Arma 3′s new Tanoa environment in new trailer, screens
- Heroes of the Storm: Eternal Conflict gets suitably dramatic E3 2015 trailer
- Coming soon to DayZ: single-player mode, server tools
- No Man’s Sky double confirmed for PC with new trailer
- StarCraft 2: Legacy of the Void prologue campaign releasing for free
- Take On Mars going into beta in northern summer