Ultra Street Fighter 4 is at the heart of Capcom’s eSports efforts this year.
Details of the Capcom Pro Tour 2015 have been released, and this year’s season looks bigger and better than the last.
Sony has jumped on board with Twitch and Capcom, which has helped push the prize pool to $500,000 and allow for 32 entrants in the grand finale, the Capcom Cup.
There will be 16 Premier events this year, divided across four regional divisions:
- North America
- Final Round – Atlanta, GA, USA
- NorCal Regionals – Sacramento, CA, USA
- SoCal Regionals – Orange, CA, USA
- Community Effort Orlando – Orlando, FL, USA
- Hypespotting 4 – Scotland, UK
- Stunfest – Rennes, France
- Milan Games Week – Milan, Italy
- Dreamhack Winter – Jönköping, Sweden
- South East Asia Major – Bangkok, Thailand
- Mad Catz Tokyo Game Show – Tokyo, Japan
- Capcom Pro Tour Asia Finals – Singapore
- TBD Japan Tournament
- Wild Card
- Evolution – Las Vegas, NV, USA
- Canada Cup – Canada
- Brazil Game Show – Sao Paulo, Brazil
- KO Fighting Game Festival – Kuwait
The first of these events, Final Round, runs March 20 through 22, and tournaments are scheduled right through November. The Capcom Cup will likely be held in December, but details are yet to be announced.
Fro more information including tourney dates, prizes and how to get involved, visit the Capcom Pro Tour website.