It’s my last wrap before gamescom and before Stace takes over. So in name of that, I’m going to do this one-off thing of having a non-game related image in my wrap, like Brenna did this morning. So. Who likes a bit of Frou Frou?
We are finally on the road to Cologne. As of right now, gamescom starts for us. We’ve got several features planned for the weekend and early on next week before the show actually begins. Just to name a few, we’ve got Dark Souls, Ridge Racer: Unbounded and one more on Monday afternoon that I’m going to keep a surprise.
But before that one, you’re going to get my full interview with Sega West CEO Mike Hayes. That’s on the site Monday morning. And then press conference day. We’re not going to get into every single detail about it – for that, head here – but this is going to be colossal. We’ll be there. Do not panic.
And then some of the games? My picks? Dishonored, Borderlands 2, Forza 4 are the main highlights for me.
But we still had news today. Here is said news.
- Featured Content – 2011′s superfight: How BF3′s war on MW3 will play out
I take a look at this year’s biggest catfight: Modern Warfare 3 vs Battlefield 3. There’s pre-order numbers in there, interesting statistics from you lot and analysis from Monsieur Pachter.
- Friday shorts: The ohmygodcologneisclose edition – F1 2011, MGS Collection, Splinter Cell
Look at all that shorty goodness. How could you not want that?
- DICE: Origin required to play retail copy of Battlefield 3
Not too much of a shocker.
- PSA: Nintendo 3DS western price-cut takes hold from today
Go buy a 3DS if you want one. Can’t pass it up at £115, to be frank.
- Child of Eden PS3 out September, will support 3D and Move – first movie
I hope it does a lot better than it did on 360. This is, from what I’ve played of it on 360, really good.
- gamescom 2011 to feature 550 exhibitors
There is officially no turning back. We are ready and able.
- F2P F1 Online: The Game to launch next year
Staying on the subject of F1, we’re interviewing Codies on F1 2011 next week. That should be good.
- Hayes: Sega to have two launch titles at Vita launch
As I said above, full piece on Monday. But here’s another taster to go with Sonic.
- Sony to stream gamescom press conference online
Now you have other ways to watch. But we’ll be there too, of course, so keep it locked.
- New Eugen RTS Wargame: European Escalation announced
The dev’s first game since RUSE is set during the Cold War.
- Pulled OXM reveal from February to happen next issue
I’m sorry, but there is no way this can’t not be Syndicate. Look at this. Now tell me this isn’t Syndicate. Cologne. Next week. Hawks. Watch. Like. Conference. EA. At. Press.
And that’s it. I’ll be back with you on August 22. Stace will be with you to cover my shift with Madams Nunneley and Hillier. He’s also going to provide you Euro wraps instead of me, like last time. And also Australian news wraps too in place of Brenna. Why? She’s only going to do the Bulletcast while Pat’s with me in Germany. No biggie.
In the meantime, I love you all (I don’t), stay safe and see you when I get to Cologne. Later, dudes.