Here we stand once more my friends, poised for the weekend. Who knows what delights await us on the other side of five o’clock, but here’s those which occurred before it.
The Story of Xbox, Part 4: Launching and Beyond
You really shouldn’t miss this series. Go back and start at part one, if you haven’t already.
QuakeCon 2011 – Carmack: This the “year of RAGE”
As usual, Carmack’s talk was technically baffling but quite fascinating.
The Australian gaming blogosphere got quite excited today when someone noticed an R18+ label on Quake 4 on Steam – you remember how we’re going to have that soon. It’s all a bit of a kerfuffle though, as it’s accompanied by an error code and the Classification Board knows nothing about it. Looks like a clerical stuff up on Steam’s side. Ringing people up about that took up a lot of my day.
- EA adds BioWare as full label, Moore and Gibeau in new roles
It’s so strange that one of the biggest players is doing some of the most interesting business things.
- Treyarch to produce Modern Warfare 3 on Wii
Good news, since Infinity Ward has never made a Wii game.
- Criterion hirings hint at new racer, possibly next-gen
- Making The Old Republic increased BioWare’s respect for Blizzard
“This is harder than it looks,” BioWare staffers noted, trying to find a way to make grinding less boring.
- No immediate plans for XBLA release of Torchlight 2
Runic hinted it may instead do a Live-specific version, but it doesn’t have plans locked down. Like, at all.
- Infinity Blade on sale – but for how long?
I have an Android. It’s like being a Mac gamer.
- Square Enix to launch retitled True Crime: Hong Kong game 2012
What on earth are they going to call it? I’m betting on “Crew Time: Kong Hong”.
- Survey finds 30 percent of gamers have purchased virtual goods
I buy DLC approximately once every thirteen seconds on average, I estimate.
- Firefall beta invites begin this month
Social clan creation huh? So it won’t be primary school acquaintances inviting you to play just so they can score a new pumpkin harvester then?
- Square Enix producer: Crashing iOS games “really shouldn’t” release
Sounds like common sense, right? Then why is the App Store full of frustration, eh? Eh?
- Final Fantasy Type-0 demo brings alt costumes August 11
I’m much more interested in this than FFXIII-2. The last one set in a school – FFVIII – was great!
- OnLive PlayPack subscribers get discount on individual titles
If only I didn’t live at the end of the god damned earth, I’d be all over that like a rash.
- Friday Shorts – The Tester casting call, Skylanders, Insanely Twisted DLC
I love street art. Have you noticed?
Rightio, I’m offski. I’ve been staying with my family for a week, but tomorrow my partner and I will start a road trip back to Sydney – about 1,400 km across some of the most boring landscape in the country. I’ve got my iPod primed – I’m not listening to the Pet Shop Boys for 14 hours. I’m not, sweetie.