Other than John Carmack’s keynote kicking off Quakecon today, the US end of the news world was slow as broiled snails. Still, there were a few things worthy of note. Get caught up on those stories below.
- Quakecon 2011 – Carmack: id to release DOOM 3 source code this year
- Japanese charts – Rhythm Heaven still tops, 3DS falls to fourth
- Battlefield 3 pre-orders detailed for UK and US
- Capture-and-hold mode coming to League of Legends with Dominion
- Nintendo weekly downloads: Pizza Quest, Monochrome, Mario’s Picross
- Survey: 30% of Japanese 3DS owners feel “anger or regret” over price drop
- Reef Entertainment developing Rambo game for 2012
- Catherine moves 200,000 units in first week
- Bungie releases documentary video as part of its 20th Anniversary celebration
- From Dust is Ubisoft’s fastest selling digital release
- Quick Quotes: Bethesda’s Todd Howard on the price of games
- Kalypso reveals main character from The Dark Eye – Demonicon
- Dishonored shots and video interview released
- RAGE: Uprising video has a bit of story to it
- Quick Shots: Rise of Isengard shots show Monster Play, Orthanc
Carmack talked about “voxelizing” the entire world; releasing the DOOM 3 source code sometime this year; how it is the “year of RAGE,” and he doesn’t have “anything to say” about DOOM 4; Bethesda announced a massive Steam sale on the entire library of id and Bethsoftware games. Brink is also free to play on Steam until Sunday. Giggity.
3DS has fallen to fourth place on the Japanese charts, which means folks have stopped buying until the price cut hits on August 11.
EA sent out a press release regarding pre-order bonuses for Battlefield 3 and a reminder on the Limited Edition upgrade.
League of Legends: Dominion was announced with pretty pictures to go along with it.
Nintendo released its normal Thursday update to WiiWare, DSiWare and the eShop.
Japanese gamers who already own 3DS are a bit pissed off over the price cut, says an obvious answer to a survey question on the matter.
Sometime next year, we’ll be running around like Rambo without a jock strap on PC and current-gen systems.
Catherine moved 200,000 units its first week at US retail. Awesome.
Bungie’s retrospective/documentary/video at one point shows concept art which could be from its new game which is apparently codenamed “Tiger”.
Ubisoft is very pleased with From Dust being the fastest selling digital title ever for the firm on XBLA.
Bethesda’s Todd Howard thinks some games are too expensive. We agree.
The Dark Eye – Demonicon looks creepy, which is probably the whole point.
Dishonored shots are new, so is the video interview with CVG.
John Carmack no sooner took the stage at Quakecon than a new RAGE trailer was released. Coincidence? We think not.
More lovely screens from a lovely MMO. This time, you get a look at the game’s PvP characters, which as someone who fights creeps in the Ettenmores, we loathe dearly.
Stay tuned for Brenna.