The Japanese hardware and software charts for the week ending July 31 finds Rhythm Heaven still on top for the week, and PSP reclaiming its throne as previous chart topper 3DS falls to fourth place – the lowest its been on the chart since it debuted.
Monkeys and dancing
Rhythm Heaven was the number one seller again for the week, with 81,938 units moved. While still top of the chart, sales for the Wii game were down 31 percent compared to last week.
Namco’s Queen’s Gate: Spiral Chaos debuted in second place with 66,959 units moved on PSP, and Atlus’NDS title Devil Survivor 2 landed in thrid with 63,008 units for its debut.
Operation Flashpoint: Red River was another debut during the week, and the PS3 title landed in the 11 spot with 13,331 units sold.
Dungeon Siege III was new for the week as well, and it landed at number 18 on the chart with 6,576 units sold on PS3.
All told, there were five title launches for the week.
As fars as standard entries to the chart were concerned, Wii Sports Resport was back in the top 10 for the week with 441,889 units sold and Pokemon Black/White stayed at number 15 this week.
Below is Media Create’s top 20 sales chart for the week ending July 31, 2011. Last week’s figures can be found here.
- Rhythm Heaven (Wii) – 81,938
- Queen’s Gate: Spiral Chaos (PSP) – 66,959 (New)
- Devil Survivor 2 (NDS) – 63,008 (New)
- Sengoku Basara: Chronicle Heroes (PSP) – 22,520
- Taiko Drum Master Portable DX (PSP) – 21,915
- Wii Sports Resort with Remote Plus (Wii) – 20,424
- Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2011 (PS3) – 19,703
- Inazuma Eleven Strikers (Wii) – 18,941
- Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2011 (PSP) – 18,248
- Hakuouki: Reimeiroku Portable (PSP) – 16,414 (New)
- Operation Flashpoint: Red River (PS3) – 13,331(New)
- Puyo Puyo! 20th Anniversary (NDS) – 11,088
- Wii Play: Motion (Wii) – 10,178
- Little Battler Xperience (PSP) – 10,070
- Pokemon Black/White (NDS) – 9,769
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (3DS) – 9,674
- Wii Party (Wii) – 6,866
- Dungeon Siege III (PS3) – 6,576 (New)
- Alice: Madness Returns (PS3) – 6,261
- GoldenEye 007 (Wii) – 6,204
Software top 20 chart offerings per system:
PSP – 6
WII – 6
PS3 – 4
NDS – 3
3DS – 1
360 – 0
PS2 – 0
3DS takes a tumble
For the week ending July 31, PSP was back in the top spot after a few weeks being bested by 3DS, The Sony handheld moved 36,659 units for the week, which is up 9,805 units over last week.
PS3 moved 20,704 units to come in at second place again for the week, but sales were still down by a little over 3,000 units. PS2 sold 1,594 units, and PSPgo managed 7 units for the week.
3DS sales were almost cut in half compared to the prior week with 16,415 units sold and the new handheld fell to its lowest spot on the charts since its debut. This is to be expected though, as the handheld will be getting a price drop soon, so consumers are holding out a bit.
Wii bested 3DS with a third place spot moving 18,232 units, up 1,118 units over the prior week.
Older NDS models moved a combined 10,030 units and Xbox 360 moved 1,616 units which is a gain of 70 units over last week.
Japanese hardware sales, July 25 – July 31, 2011 (separate SKUs)
- PSP – 36,659
- PS3 – 20,704
- WII -18,232
- 3DS – 16,415
- DSiLL – 5,267
- DSi – 4,625
- 360 – 1,616
- PS2 – 1,594
- DSL – 138
- PSPGo – 7