Uncharted PS4 Remaster bundle would be “nice”, says Naughty Dog

Wednesday, 23rd July 2014 00:36 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Uncharted 1, 2 and 3 remastered for PS4 and bundled into one package? Yes, please, Naughty Dog.

uncharted

The Uncharted series is among the PS3′s highlights so we’ve kind of been waiting to hear it would get the PS4 remaster treatment like The Last of Us and a few other rumoured titles like Beyond: Two Souls.

Apparently SCE Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida agrees; IGN reports the executive suggested the project to Naughty Dog.

Unfortunately for new potential Nathan Drake fans, it’s not on the radar just yet.

“It’d be nice. It’s always nice to find ways to try and expand your audience,” Naughty Dog community strategist Arne Meyer said.

“I don’t know how we’d ever pull that off but I don’t want to say we wouldn’t do it. I think if everything aligns, we should make an attempt to look into it and do it as well.”

Naughty Dog already has a lot on its platter, having polished off The Last Of Us: Remastered and begun work on Uncharted 4, both for PS4. IGN also raised the issue of a new Crash Bandicoot or Jak & Daxter game, but Meyer didn’t seem too enthusiastic about the prospect.

“I don’t know if it’s playing to our strengths right now,” he said.

“Right now, what’s exciting everyone at the studio is continuing to work on narrative-driven games with strong characters. I think, at least for the time being, we haven’t exhausted the possibilities there, but that could change with something as simple as hardware. That’s what drove it before. I think we’re on to something really good though creating character-driven stories so that’s where our focus is going to be.”

Naughty Dog also said recently that it is thinking about a sequel to The Last of Us, because fans want it.

1. Takeshi

Jesus, I may not be able to hold off on getting a PS4 for as long as I thought. I would absolutely love playing UC3 with 1080p60. I just recently played through it with 720p30 and it felt so laggy. I doubt it could even hold 30 in some sequences. Of course, now that I joined the pc master race I am used to 1080p60 all the time.

#1 5 months ago
  2. Brenna Hillier

@Takeshi I doubt this will happen for some years yet, so no rush!

#2 5 months ago
  3. silverstorm

.. I’d like that.

#3 5 months ago
  4. Rosseu

Those are big games, how are they going to fit in one disc?

#4 5 months ago
  5. justerthought

The Uncharted Trilogy remastered for PS4 would be truly epic. The series is a true highlight in the history of computer games. Please make it happen. I’m still playing U3 coop arena 2 hours a night even now. No matters how many great games I buy and even with the PS4, I still gravitate back to U3 coop arena. It’s the game I play between all others because it never gets old and just plays smooth as silk without any effort.

The total hours I’ve put into that game dwarf all others. The matches last 30 minutes and I’ve won over 2,500 hard matches and over 450 crushing matches, so there’s 1,475 hours right there. It’s probably about 2,000 hours if you count in the matches that failed. I use to think 650 hours playing Skyrim was a lot but U3 coop just soaks up the hours without you even noticing because it so much fun. Perish the thought, if they give me a 1080p 60fps version, I’ll never stop playing it ever.

#5 5 months ago
  6. polygem

MEDIEVIL remastered or GTFO!

#6 5 months ago
  7. Brenna Hillier

@Rosseu I imagine they’d ship on multiple discs but in one package. But it’s all hypothetical since the project hasn’t even been greenlit.

#7 5 months ago
  8. Seventizz

Yet another reason I’m happy I bought an Xbox One.

#8 5 months ago
  9. CPC_RedDawn

Erm…. FUCK NO!!!

I love Uncharted games, but seriously… STOP with the “REMASTERED” versions of last gen games!!

Its pointless, how are we meant to move forward if they are just re releasing the same shit with barely any improvement!

Uncharted games look fine, play fine, and are perfectly fine on the PS3.

Focus on Uncharted 4 and you know… NEW GAMES!!!

#9 5 months ago
  10. CycloneFox

I would LOOOVE to play Uncharted 3s multiplayer again on PS4 in 1080p@60fps.

It hooked me a lot more than most other recent shooters online.

#10 5 months ago
  11. Takeshi

@CPC_RedDawn 30fps vs. 60 fps is a big deal. I want new games as well, but definitely won’t say no to this particular trilogy.

Big fan of UC3′s multiplayer as well. I think I’m level 40-50 something? Very fun stuff. :)

#11 5 months ago
  12. Dr.Ghettoblaster

And I thought I was excited about the Master Chief Collection……….THIS WOULD BE AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#12 5 months ago
  13. justerthought

@Brenna Hillier
    Yes it would more than likely be like a box set with 3 discs inside. It would make a really nice Collector’s Edition. Fingers crossed on that one :)

#13 5 months ago
  14. Panthro

Nah, stop making remasters and HD versions of games we have all played.

This shit is getting stupid.

#14 5 months ago
  15. justerthought

@Takeshi
    Yeah I’ve maxed out to 75 several times to reach the maximum rating icon with the adventure crush star as well. It didn’t seem like hard work at all because coop arena is just pure fun.

#15 5 months ago