New Assassin’s Creed Unity gameplay trailer is brutal

Monday, 14th July 2014 17:15 GMT By Matt Martin

Heads roll and blood spurts in this new single-player gameplay trailer for Assassin’s Creed Unity.

The game is released on Xbox One, PS4 and PC October 28th.

To celebrate Bastille Day, Ubisoft has also dropped a new screenshot as an additional teaser for the game. Check it out below.

ACU_Screenshot_LuxembourgRiot

1. Legendaryboss

Gameplay trailer? I could have easily mistaken that as accolades trailer, if it weren’t for the title.

Oh and VG247 got a shout out in the trailer, aren’t you proud?

#1 4 months ago
  2. Erthazus

I could be mistaken… But… Graphics and especially animation has been nerfed IMO.

#2 4 months ago
  3. Aullah

@Erthazus Naaaah. Ubisoft would never do that.

#3 4 months ago
  4. fearmonkey

Game is truly looking amazing, I wonder if my current vid card will handle it, or I’ll have to go PS4.
    You can see some aliasing in the video, so its gameplay, but i don’t know if its PS4 or PC.

#4 4 months ago
  5. Legendaryboss

@Aullah Just like they never downgraded Watch Dogs, right? Right? It can’t just be me who noticed that?

#5 4 months ago
  6. schnide

@Legendaryboss

Well.. so did FHM, so is it definitely a compliment? xD

#6 4 months ago
  7. GK

@Legendaryboss yes,you really understand the irony :D

erthazus,after few years of speaking shit you finally right! i see the same,downgraded graphics.

#7 4 months ago
  8. Luciferous

Dat Parisian accent!

/sarcasm

#8 4 months ago
  9. ddtd

Looks fine to me.

#9 4 months ago
  10. Shinji10TH

There’s a noticeable frame-rate drop compared to the E3 gameplay demo, same goes for the presence of aliasing and some low-res textures.
    It’s not the same as what happened with Watch Dogs or Dark Souls 2, but it’s there nonetheless.

#10 4 months ago
  11. powerbuoy

Looks good visually, but I wish the stealth was more like Splinter Cell’s with proper crouch and cover buttons, and I wish the fighting was more like the Arkham game’s. I have a feeling those two won’t change much though but will be as stiff as ever

Oh, and the climbing could definitely be improved as well. I find the character often does things you don’t want him to because of the lack of buttons for actually ascending and descending obstacles.

#11 4 months ago
  12. GK

@powerbuoy oh,so you already played this game :D it is a pitty,they claimed that they implemented the stealth button,but if you say there is no button,we believe you.

#12 4 months ago
  13. powerbuoy

Obviously I haven’t played it. And I’ll be happy to do so if they fix the things I mentioned. I never claimed they won’t, just that I’d like to see it happen.

#13 4 months ago
  14. powerbuoy

Btw, I did read about the crouch button which sounds good, but surely you will agree that the stealth in Splinter Cell is much better than previous Assassin’s Creed games? And the same is definitely true about the fighting in the Batman games. Oh, and the parkour stuff is also better in for example Infamous (imo)

#14 4 months ago
  15. ddtd

@Luciferous What’s really strange about the accents is that they’re a French company. You’d think they would have been all about using French accents in the game.

#15 4 months ago
  16. ddtd

@Shinji10TH That’s weird since most of the trailer is from the E3 demo.

#16 4 months ago
  17. Shinji10TH

@ddtd Really ? I didn’t know you made the trailer, sorry.
    Next time, don’t say stupid things without thinking, since when the fact that they show us the same environment means it’s the same build of the game.

#17 4 months ago
  18. Darksider123

Ofc the gfx are once again nerfed from the E3 presentation. It’s the same all shitty combat from god knows how many predecessors now. Easily pass.

#18 4 months ago
  19. The_Red

VG247 quote!!!!
    Anyway, nice trailer but I still don’t see what’s new or interesting in this game (Aside from the forced co-op with 4 copy-pastes of main character).

#19 4 months ago
  20. ddtd

@Shinji10TH Wow, thank you for pointing that out nicely and withiut being a dick.

#20 4 months ago