Here’s the reason why Pagan Min wears a pink suit in Far Cry 4

Saturday, 12th July 2014 16:45 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

During E3 last month, the Ubiblog conducted an interview with Far Cry 4 executive producer Dan Hay, during which he shed some light on the game’s star psychopath Pagan Min.

far_cry_4

Hay revealed in the interview that Min’s style represents “charm and sophistication” inherent in a man twisted by complete control over an entire country.

According to Hay, the pink suit Min sports is also a “homage to his mom,” but he doesn’t explicitly say why.

“When you’re making fun of the suit, you’re making fun of his mom. And I would not make fun of Pagan Min’s mom,” he said.

He also touches upon Kyrat native and the game’s protagonist Ajay Ghale, who is known to Min and his “guest of honor” in the game.

Through the course of the story players will find out who they are, why NPCs in the game recognize him, as well as his connection with Min. I’m betting they were childhood friends, he was in Min’s military, or they are related somehow. We’ll see though.

Finally, Hay also discusses the Himalayan setting and how Ubisoft sent a team to the region for research in order to create an authentic experience.

Far Cry 4 will be released on November 18 in North America and November 21 in Europe for PC, PlayStation 3, PS4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One.

1. OrbitMonkey

Notice how bad guys can wear what they like, but good guys can’t even change hairstyles?

#daretohaveflair

#1 1 month ago
  2. Game Hunter

@OrbitMonkey The Witcher 2 says hello(yeah I know,an RPG is a bad example but still,you can’t customize Geralt’s appearance. But you said hairstyle,right?so there you have it)

#2 1 month ago
  3. Revolting

See, this is a total cop out, to me.

The whole “Nobody speaks shit about my mum!” thing is such a tired macho cliche. If they really wanted to be as ballsy and edgy as they claim they’re being with this character, they would have said it was just because he likes pink.

Disappointing.

#3 1 month ago
  4. stretch215

@3 So saying you like pink is “ballsy” and “edgy”? In that case my daughter is the most “ballsy” person I know :-)

#4 1 month ago
  5. Fragpuss

In all honesty i just thought with the pink suit, and that hairstyle that he was just gay…. not in a derogatory way but just, yeah… gay

#5 1 month ago
  6. Revolting

@4 Challenging cultural and gender stereotypes in a medium saturated with cliches is edgy, yes. Presumably your daughter is not a maniacal asian male dictator of indeterminate sexuality somewhere between his/her 20s/30s.

#6 1 month ago
  7. YoungZer0

I thought he just likes pink? I mean who gives a fuck, seriously? Why does he need a REASON to wear pink?

#7 1 month ago