Battlefield Hardline may be the next Battlefield game

Tuesday, 27th May 2014 16:22 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

The Battlefield game in the works at Viceral Games has possibly been leaked due to a Battlelog update.

bfh_logo-0cad73c0

Titled Battlefield Hardline, the title is a police and thieves-themed spin-off has been rumored for quite some time.

Internally code-named Havana, artwork and a logo were posted on EA’s server, along “BFH” icons for PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. Icons, which are presumably Battlefield Premium users, were also spotted.

Four classes the Enforcer, Mechanic, Operator, and Professional along with a multiplayer map called “Downtown” were also spotted along with a welcome message for the beta.

Game modes, such as Blood Money, Bomb Squad and Carrier Assault were listed. A mission icon called “Visceralskull” was also noted.

Twitter account Battlefield Daily also uncovered a list in-game awards for codename Havana such as a skull, weapons, police handcuffs and a bag of money.

There’s an entire list of weapon and vehicle icons posted on courtesy of Koen V (thanks,AGB).

Ghost Games, which is taking a break from the Need for Speed series, is aiding Visceral with development.

Battlefield Hardline is assumed to be the “new Frostbite game” set for a reveal at E3 next month, and slated for a FY14 Q3 release.

1. gomersoul

Meh

#1 7 months ago
  2. Panthro

A game based on cops and robbers (From what the badges anyway) called “BATTLEFIELD: Hardline”?

Why not just create a new IP, surely that would create a lot more buzz instead of riding off of Battlefield’s back, if anything it might even deter people after what happened with Battlefield 4.

#2 7 months ago
  3. YoungZer0

@Panthro
    No, it wouldn’t. Panthro you’re a smart guy/gal/don’t care. You know that brand recognition is more important than anything else for these big game publishers.

#3 7 months ago
  4. Panthro

@YoungZer0

I’m just going off how I feel on the subject really.
    I know I’m going to be hesitant to pre-order it or even show it any sort of appreciation until I see some decent reviews and gameplay videos after Battlefield 4, I only actually decided the buy it last month when it became cheap enough.

#4 7 months ago
  5. kyr95

I hope this proves to be a great game and i wish DICE the best of luck. Bad Company 2 is my ultimate favorite out of the franchise. Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 were quite enjoyable although to me they were just upgraded versions rather than a whole new game. I want to see something that will shake up the franchise for good, like what Sledgehammer Games is doing for Call of Duty-i hope they succeed too ( i love both franchises, dont wanna start a war or something ). This police theme though is quite intriguing, if it delivers a solid single player experience too its a one-day purchase from me. Dont get me wrong i love multiplayer but what’s the point of having a campaign in it if you dont dedicate time to it ( Bf3 and Bf4′s campaign werent that good to me). I wish the best of luck again to DICE and the staff. :)

#5 7 months ago
  6. DarkElfa

BF4 is awesome, fun, why all the hate?

#6 7 months ago
  7. wicktus

If it is like SWAT 4 from sierra, then it’s cool, some changes to FPS cannot be seen negatively ^^. Sick of auto health regen, 30 balls in the chest to kill an enemy, futuristic recoilless weapon that look like current weapons etc

#7 7 months ago
  8. BrahManDude

by premium members being invited to the Beta they mean the full game

#8 7 months ago
  9. Dave Cook

#9 7 months ago
  10. Dave Cook

Trailer leaked – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvqJ1mTkEuY&feature=kp

#10 7 months ago
  11. Panthro

@DarkElfa

Was about how buggy and unfinished it was at launch, it’s alright now.

#11 7 months ago
  12. gomersoul

@10 :)

#12 7 months ago
  13. artursz1993

DAT TRAILER DOE :D

#13 7 months ago
  14. AmiralPatate

What’s interesting to me is the fact it’s not by made by DICE. Maybe a good Battlefield game for a change. I’ve only been waiting for that for 4 years.
    Then again it’ll probably be another 110€ game.

#14 7 months ago
  15. budoshi

I hope it wont be just another Broken field.

#15 7 months ago
  16. Oh no its Colt

Battlefield: Hardline confirmed for this fall

#16 7 months ago
  17. Dog4life

It’s actually not that bad idea !

Bf4 is right now pretty awesome (beside teribble launch and months of rubberbanding) and great big warfare online game…. doing sequel so soon with same concept would be just like a big DLC.

It looks like BF spin off with good change of pace.

#17 7 months ago