Watch Dogs PC system requirements released

Saturday, 5th April 2014 13:58 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Watch Dogs isn’t long for release, and for those who wish to pre-purchase the title for PC, you can do so now through Steam. If you head through the link, you will note two versions: the standard and digital deluxe versions.

There’s only a $10 difference between the two, so be sure to look over your options. The Steam page also lists the minimum and recommended PC requirements. You can find out if your rig can run the game below, or through the link. Watch Dogs releases on PC, PlayStation 3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One May 27. The Wii U version is still expected at some point.

Minimum:

• OS: Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1) or Windows 8 (Please note that we only support 64 bit OSs.)
  • Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 @ 2.66Ghz or AMD Phenom II X4 940 @ 3.0Ghz
  • Memory: 6 GB RAM
  • Graphics: DirectX 11 graphics card with 1 GB Video RAM – Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 or AMD Radeon HD 5770
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Hard Drive: 25 GB available space
  • Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c Compatible Sound Card with Latest Drivers
  • Additional Notes: Broadband connection and service required for multiplayer mode. Supported Video Cards at Time of Release: nVidia GeForce GTX460 or better, GT500, GT600, GT700 series; AMD Radeon HD5850 or better, HD6000, HD7000, R7 and R9 series Intel Iris Pro HD 5200

Recommended:

• Processor: Eight core – Intel Core i7-3770 @3.5 GHz or AMD FX-8350 X8 @ 4 GHz
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: DirectX 11 graphics card with 2 GB Video RAM – Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 ti or AMD Radeon HD 7850
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Hard Drive: 25 GB available space
  • Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c Compatible Sound Card with Latest Drivers

1. Tiucaner

Now those are proper system requirements. My PC is ready.

#1 5 months ago
  2. kisame

i probability get a good 40 fps on this 1080p on ultra
    man its crazy that my gtx 560 still beast on this games

#2 5 months ago
  3. macronia

good specs but i hope the game is well optimized :)

#3 5 months ago
  4. adam-22

i7 3770 crap does that mean my i5 2500k not good enough for recommended setting ?
    i have a 680 so i should be good on gpu

#4 5 months ago
  5. Panthro

I always get disappointed when companies release specs without an ‘ultra spec’…

Sure I don’t ‘need’ the game to run maxed out but I always like to know if I could ultra setting a game before I buy it.

Never had a problem with setting a game to ultra with my rig so far though.
    i5 3570k @ 4.2ghz with EVGA GTX 670 FTW Edition.

So I am semi confident Watch Dogs won’t change that, I’m planning on doing an SLI next year with another 670 which brings it to around the power of 1 and a half GTX Titan’s to future proof ultra spec for another 5 years.

Funny thing is, 670′s will likely be dirt cheap by that point.
    Looking forward to that, it’s gunna be fun.

#5 5 months ago
  6. urbz2011

@adam-22 ur pc will be fine

#6 5 months ago
  7. harr0w

8 cores I smell bs from 1000 yards

#7 5 months ago
  8. Hcw87

8 threads, not 8 cores. It’s obviously a typo. The 3770/4770 don’t even have 8 cores (they do have 8 threads).

#8 5 months ago
  9. FlyBoogy

If the screenshots are real the I can say that the 560Ti(had it for 3 years my self) that is recomanded for the game is total BS

#9 5 months ago
  10. Panthro

@FlyBoogy

Nice screenshots will be from a high end computer running it on ultra.

Recommended is just decent framerate + decent graphics, what you need for a comfortable experience.

If you go off the video they showed a few weeks ago I am confident your 560ti will handle it fine, I mean… It looked only slightly better than GTA IV.

#10 5 months ago
  11. unknown_gamer

Ubisoft PC ports are poorly optimized , Don’t expect a 60FPS with Maxed out settings unless you have a really decent PC with an insane GPU + CPU overclocking

#11 5 months ago
  12. BrokenSpline

^

Pretty much. Its probably why the recommended specs are so high because have to use raw power to make it play nice.

#12 5 months ago
  13. BrokenSpline

@FlyBoogy

The game won’t be looking like the 2012 reveal. IT will be a slightly prettier version of the PS4 version much like Assassin Creed 4 with PS4 vs PC.

#13 5 months ago
  14. Hcw87

There is no ”slightly better” when it comes to console vs PC graphics. The PC version of any game looks MUCH better (considering you can play it in 4K if you want).

#14 5 months ago
  15. BrokenSpline

@Hcw87

The point is it will not look like the screenshots that most game sites are using ie the 2012 reveal. It will look like the video that was leaked a few weeks ago.

Its not exactly jaw dropping in the differences and that was my point.

#15 5 months ago
  16. Panthro

And Anti-Aliasing goes a loooooong way.

Once you remove them jaggies it’s pretty difficult to turn off that setting in any game, when I am on a console I don’t have a choice.

#16 5 months ago
  17. Hcw87

Watching screenshots/horribly compressed youtube videos isn’t exactly the way to go to see the difference in graphics.

We still don’t know if there will be any unofficial mod support either, in which case it would further cement the PC version as the superior version to get.

#17 5 months ago
  18. BrokenSpline

@Hcw87

Like there are mods for assassin creed or other Ubisoft games? I wasn’t pointing at the youtube videos but the images.

#18 5 months ago
  19. Panthro

@Hcw87

For multiplat games their is almost never any advantages of playing them on a console.
    PC versions of games are always superior, it’s just the way it is.

Take Dark Souls for instance, one of the worst ports I have ever played and the reason behind that is because it is to similar to the console version.

#19 5 months ago
  20. Panthro

@BrokenSpline

You can install graphical modifications to most of the Ubisoft games.
    Changing the shaders, better textures, better lighting etc…

They are there if people want to use them.

#20 5 months ago
  21. Hcw87

Really hope Watch Dogs will support modding.

#21 5 months ago
  22. BrokenSpline

@Panthro

“Even when people mention ‘bad ports’… those bad ports are ‘bad ports’ because they are to similar to the console version.”

What the bloody hell are you talking about. Its a bad port because of a bad developer not because it was built for the console. Look at Thief 4 it plays smooth on the PC and doesn’t have the constant frame dropping that effects the console version because the port company knows their shit.

#22 5 months ago
  23. Panthro

@BrokenSpline

Because the bad developer developed a port from a console game which was far to close to the console version.
    Little to no graphical settings
    30 frames per second lock
    720p resolution lock
    Muddiest textures in a PC game I have ever seen.

It’s basically the console version completely duplicated for the PC, nobody in there right mind would want to play a game like that if they had an option to do otherwise, which is where the modders come in.
    They have fixed the frame cap, lifted off the resolution lock, and there are also texture overhauls.
    Fixing what the developers couldn’t be arsed to do.

#23 5 months ago
  24. BrokenSpline

@Hcw87

Farcry would be an exception as it uses the same engine as the last game which also had a lot of mod support. Will not be the case for Watch Dogs just like there aren’t any for assassin creed.

#24 5 months ago
  25. BrokenSpline

@Panthro

Assuming you are talking about Dark Souls. From Software told everyone it was going to be bare bone port because of their lack of experience with development with the PC.

#25 5 months ago
  26. Panthro

@BrokenSpline

It is still a bad port regardless of whether they told us or not.

#26 5 months ago
  27. Panthro

@BrokenSpline

I never said all console games make bad ports so I have no idea why you are bringing Thief 4 into the conversation.

What I am saying however is that whenever a ‘bad port’ is brought up it is always for a game which also plays shitty on the consoles.
    Dark Souls plays and looks like shit on the consoles and the port wasn’t any better.
    If a 720p@30fps lock is acceptable for you console gamers then great! good on you.
    But I have higher standards I guess and I expect a better quality of games when I get them on a PC.

#27 5 months ago
  28. BrokenSpline

@Panthro

Never said otherwise. Its the norm with the PC versions. We are lucky if we get advanced settings seen in Borderlands 2 which is sad.

#28 5 months ago
  29. Reddpayn

Some pc gamers are just annoyed because a 400 dollar machine can run similiar graphics like their pc`s. And btw, 4k is not worth the money yet. Currently it is highly overprised.

#29 5 months ago
  30. mxmassef

@Hcw87
    “The PC version of any game looks MUCH better (considering you can play it in 4K if you want).”
    You are saying that I can play watch dogs 4k max settings 60 fps with a 100 $ pc if I want to ?

#30 5 months ago
  31. Hcw87

No they can’t.

If you can afford a proper gaming PC, it’s the way to go for multiplats. Get a few consoles to have on the side for their exclusives.

If you can only afford a console, that’s your problem. But to deny that PC offers a superior experience is just stupid. You can play PC games on the couch with a controller aswell.

#31 5 months ago
  32. Panthro

@Reddpayn

I have a 360, PS3 and a PS4.

They cannot run games like my PC can. You are being silly.

#32 5 months ago
  33. stretch215

I see hcw has given up his tireless defense of the xbox one for greener pastures.lol.

#33 5 months ago
  34. margaretesussman

hi

#34 5 months ago
  35. mxmassef

@Hcw87
    Pc offers a superior experience graphically and you can download and make mods. This is only my opinion but do those things matter if you can`t play the best games on a pc (like gta v :) ). I reckon that one 10/10 game is better than ten 9/10 games. There is also the local multiplayer in consoles ( maybe one is able to make it work on pc after hard work and after one has bought another gpu to run two games at the sane time) .

#35 5 months ago
  36. Reddpayn

But oh, i have a pc too and my ps4 runs games better than that. Isnt that weird :)

#36 5 months ago
  37. Edo

@Reddpayn
    Depending on your PC specs it actually isn’t…go figure.

#37 5 months ago