Persona 4 rated by ESRB for PlayStation 3

Tuesday, 1st April 2014 19:52 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 has been rated by the ESRB for PlayStation 3. The title was originally released on PS2, so this means the re-release through PS2 Classics won’t include the added content found in Persona 4: Golden, according to Siliconera. A release date is not known at this time, but to hold you over, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs The Soulless Army will arrive on PlayStation Network later this afternoon once the store updates.

1. Dragon

Play P4G instead. The definitive edition for the game.
    Worth buying the Vita for imo.

#1 4 months ago
  2. CycloneFox

@1: Absolutely agree.

Before P4G I already loved my Vita, already. But after I started to play P4G on it, I’m absolutely obsessed about this console and spend almost every free minute on my way to work or any other minute in the tram with it. xD
    I tried the PS2 version, too. And it’s great to have it on the big screen. but Golden is far more advanced and suits the Vita really good.

#2 4 months ago
  3. Obernox

“Worth buying the Vita for FACT” fixed :D

P4G is a fucking masterpiece and justifies a Vita purchase. It’s $20 now too.

#3 4 months ago
  4. Tormenter

I have have a savegame with 515+ hrs on it for P4 (PS2), there’s no way I could put that much time into this game on a small handheld.

I WOULD buy a PS3 in they released P4G on it.. just as I AM going to buy one when P5 is released (addendum.. ONLY IF they aren’t going to release a better version on the PS4.. in which case I won’t buy it at all)

#4 4 months ago
  5. Dragon

A Persona fan who doesn’t own either PS3 or Vita.
    Right.

#5 4 months ago
  6. Dragon

Btw, I have a 2000 hour save file for P4 on PS2.

#6 4 months ago
  7. Tormenter

@Dragon

I own a very beefy PC.. I use (unabashedly) the PCSX emulator… IF the actual console was able to provide me with the same smooth graphical experience I get with the emulator then I would have bought a PS2 by now.. but it can’t.

Granted this game certainly isn’t about the gfx.. but I wouldn’t have put that kind of time into the game if I had to spend 515+ hrs looking at the kind of jaggies the PS2 throws up.. and hence would not now be in a position to be willing to spend on the newer product and hardware.. I consider that a win for Sony.

#7 4 months ago
  8. Tormenter

@Dragon

2000 hrs is pretty crazy, mate.. mind you I only discovered the game a few months ago.

#8 4 months ago
  9. Dragon

@Tormenter,
    Ah, lovely piracy.
    Atlus loves you. Shame on me for buying P4 twice at full price and supporting the dev, and not cry about a re-release of a game I spent over 500 hours without paying a dime to the dev.
    I am sorry.

#9 4 months ago
  10. Tormenter

Yep.. I do indulge in that occasionally.

Given the state of this capitalist society we find ourselves living in it is to be expected.. there is no sense in me having a high moral stance for the sake of companies and their bottom line when no such stance exists towards the customer.

The best companies can hope from me is to bring out a product that SUITABLY appeals to me in a manner that I would be willing to buy their products.

..and I would shout that from the rooftops. I feel no shame in those regards.. because that ‘shame’ is entirely manufactured… I WOULD also state, however, that if those same companies’ stance were to change towards the treatment of their customers, then my attitude would change also.

#10 4 months ago
  11. Tormenter

@Dragon

Further clarification. I don’t pirate PC games, not because I feel differently about them or the companies who make them but simply because I can usually find the games at what I feel is an acceptable price, for the hoops I have to jump through because of what is involved in today’s gaming market, that I don’t need to.

#11 4 months ago
  12. Dragon

@Tormenter,
    So you feel no shame in stealing games, while spending 1000s of bucks on a PC, only to pirate games from companies like Atlus who have a great track record with their fans.

Capitalism? More like hypocrisy.

“the sake of companies and their bottom line when no such stance exists towards the customer.”
    LOL. No wonder companies supposedly don’t care about profits of pirates, who will spend 515 hours on a pirated game without paying a dime, and then cry on a re-release.

You deserve a medal, seriously,

#12 4 months ago
  13. Tormenter

@Dragon

No, I feel no shame.

Hypocrisy would only enter in to this discussion if I were treating companies contrary to how they treat me… and no, they don’t.

So it’s pretty much the same on each side.. companies’ will do whatever they can, however underhanded that may be and HAS proven to be over the years, to separate me from my hard-earned.. and I will do what I can to refrain from spending that hard-earned on products from companies’ I feel show no respect to their their customers.

It is what is known as a “Catch 22″…. When their attitude changes, so will mine… but their’s won’t, so…..

#13 4 months ago
  14. Dragon

@Tormenter,
    Do tell me how Atlus mistreated you. By giving you a game that you enjoyed for 515 hours?
    And yet you don’t feel an obligation to buy the game?

#14 4 months ago
  15. Stephany Nunneley

North America only, per Atlus. Post has been updated.

#15 4 months ago