Capcom has revealed Ultra Street Fighter 4’s secret fifth character this morning, and already there is a wealth of information available about her.
The information comes out of the Final Round 17 tournament and IGN. All the info has been handily collated by Eventhubs.
- Decapre is a charge character who is very mix-up heavy.
- She plays similarly to Juni from the Street Fighter Alpha series.
- She can perform her Spiral Arrow attack in the air, but being that it’s a charge move, it’ll mostly be used when jumping backward.
- Has a command dash special move in which she becomes invisible for a portion of it. It can travel horizontally, or take her up into the air, (the stream notes that she goes up at around 45 and 70 degree angles).
- She has multiple follow up moves from the command dash, including a dive kick, returning to her starting point, dropping straight down, a ground pound, and more.
- She has an uppercut move that is performed like a Flash Kick, (holding down for 2 seconds, then hitting up and attack).
- Her normal attacks are similar to Cammy’s.
- Her Psycho Stream Ultra is very much like Dhalsim’s Yoga Catastrophe, but travels further. It moves slowly across screen, and hits a total of 9 hits. It has a fairly slow start up, so using it when an opponent is getting up could leave you susceptible to a reversal Ultra.
- If you use her air command dash and do not use one of the follow ups, once the dash animation is over you can proceed to hit air normals. The stream notes that ComboFiend showed a particular set up where Decapre used the medium version of her air command dash from about 80% of the screen away from the opponent, and was able to successfully hit a cross up attack.
- She has an overhead attack that hits from a very far distance away.
- Her Super and command dashes, although resembling teleports, do not have projectile invulnerability.
- Decapre also has a Hundred Hand Slap type move where she runs forward and hits multiple times.
- She can perform target combos as well, one of which puts the opponent into a juggle state.
- Decapre’s DCM (Ultra 2) is a combo Ultra with a 3 frame start up. There are three different versions of U2: a ground version that moves horizontally, an anti-air, and another anti-air that hits at a different angle, (like her air command dash moves). ComboFiend hit a crouch heavy punch into DCM on stream. He also hit teleport – EX ground pound follow up into U2.
- The regular ground pound move isn’t safe on block, around -7.
- Her close heavy punch hits twice, like Vega.
- Command dashes have a red line as a visual indication of which she is using. The EX version of ground command dash can be used to escape pressure after she’s knocked down. ComboFiend notes that she has escape options that don’t necessarily lead to attacks, but will get her out of harm’s way.
- The Capcom team is focusing heavily on balancing Decapre in order to avoid her being overpowered upon release. Due to the utility of her Ultras, ComboFiend mentions that she will be a candidate for Ultra Combo Double.
- As she stands right now, Decapre is only 85% complete. She is subject to change by the time Ultra Street Fighter 4 is released in June.
You can also head over to the link for more technical details that were gathered from a Nico Nico live stream, which featured an updated build of the game.