Battlefield 4 launch woes haven’t damaged the brand, series “critical” to FY 2015, says Jorgensen

Friday, 7th March 2014 11:01 GMT By Dave Cook

Battlefield 4′s launch issues and long line of technical problems hasn’t damaged the brand, EA CFO Blake Jorgensen assured attendees at the Morgan Stanley Technology, Media & Telecom Conference in San Francisco this week.

Cribbing Jorgensen’s address, Gamespot reports that the exec stressed that players have been “very responsive” to Battlefield 4′s post-launch patches, and added that the regularity of updates has kept players coming back for more.

“We haven’t seen any damage,” Jorgensen stated, commentating on the status of the Battlefield brand, and stressed, “Clearly we’re very focused on protecting that brand,” before saying that sales remain strong.

“We’ve also tried to provide extra content to the consumers to make sure they keep coming back and playing the game and we’re finding that it’s working very well,” Jorgensen added, “I don’t see that there’s a damage issue. I think for us it’s making sure that we’re providing great gameplay for the consumer and we’ll continue to do that.”

Jorgensen cited Battlefield 4′s complexity and the issues that come with coding for new platforms such as PS4 and Xbox One for the shooter’s shaky launch.

He closed by making clear that Battlefield remains “key” to EA’s line-up and said that it will be “critical” to the publishers fiscal year 2015, which kicks off April 1.

It follows claims that Dead Space studio Visceral Games is now working on Battlefield 5, which is said to be inspired by cop movies like Bad Boys.

What do you make of the above?

Via CVG.

1. Djoenz

Ha Ha Ha sure….also the fact you can’t make parties before matches is the dumbest issue ever.
    I’m done with Military shooters for the time being. FPS I can deal with but BF and COD both aren’t my thing anymore. Cash cow games.

#1 10 months ago
  2. chackster

Simple CRM rule – a great CRM strategy builds brand loyalty and improves your business’ reputation. Satisfied customers who feel as if their needs are being met will return. People aren’t expecting perfect, they just want workable, they want to pay $60 for a game and get a $60 game. I used to play Battlefield3 every single night, I loved it, its only the second Xbox360 game I dropped cash on for all the DLC. After BF4 soured things I’ve never gone back to either. To even claim your brand hasn’t been damaged is the typical response I’d expect from someone looking from the inside – out.

Stop trying to beat COD to market and street date release and put the bloody effort in to build brand confidence with a workable product.

#2 10 months ago
  3. OlderGamer

Well, for what it is worth(very little I am sure), BF4 is the first Bf in many years I didn’t buy.

#3 10 months ago
  4. Os Money

Well since plants vs zombies came out, I haven’t touched bf4. If they don’t think they lost players with the release of bf4 then they are mistaken. I don’t play COD, but I heard from my COD playing friends that it was the worst one yet, which may be why the bf4 numbers don’t look as bad. BF hasn’t been lost, but it has now fallen to a non-preorder game. I’ll play it safe and wait for the reviews to say the game isn’t shit.

#4 10 months ago
  5. dontbescaredhomie92

haha what is this guy smoking, it’s definitely stopped me supporting their games from launch from now on.

#5 10 months ago
  6. livewired500

@OlderGamer I’m with you. I made the mistake of getting BF3 at launch. That was a cluster. I wasn’t playable on PS3 for a year because of the input lag. On PC, the netcode issues, horrible unlock system, floaty vehicles and lock on spam. Then suppression on top of it (good in theory, terrible in practice). I made sure to wait a little while before getting BF4. Sure glad I did. Thanks for everyone beta testing it though. Maybe if they actually fix it, I’ll buy it. Doubt it though.

I know people love to hate on EA and Dice because they think they are money grubbing jerks, but in reality, I think they are just incompetent. They live in some alternate reality.

#6 10 months ago
  7. OlderGamer

I just received the game for my PS4 from Gamefly. What a waste of a rental. I found so many glitches it isn’t funny. I couldn’t get out of the water, watched other folks doing it, but I wasn’t able to. I was getting stuck on vehicles, I would go to get off of something and my guy would lift up and just get stuck there attached to the vehicle, unable to run. I even fell into the map ground at one point.

There is no way I am going to buy this game. I knew enough to not preorder, but wondered if post launch it might be worth buying. No, it isn’t.

#7 10 months ago