UK game charts: Thief debuts in first, Plants vs Zombies in at four – full chart

Monday, 3rd March 2014 09:21 GMT By Dave Cook

Thief has launched into the top of the UK game charts, while fellow newcomer Plents vs Zombies: Garden Warfare enters at fourth.

thief_centred

It follows our Thief, Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare and Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 review round-up. Hit the links to see how each of them did.

Here’s the top ten in full:

1. Thief
  2. The Lego Movie Videogame
  3. FIFA 14
  4. Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare
  5. Call of Duty: Ghosts
  6. Battlefield 4
  7. LEGO Marvel Superheroes
  8. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
  9. Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag
  10. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

Other new entries Tales of Symphonia: Chronicles and Senran Kagura Burst entered the chart at 13 and 38 respectively.

1. johnapocalypse

People like the stealth games

#1 6 months ago
  2. dsr

Thief got a lot of flack for many reasons but I think its a good game which deserves the sales.

#2 6 months ago
  3. tezzer1985

It’s interesting to note, that 46% was sold on PS4, with 29% on X1, 14% on 360 and 8% on PS3.

I think that price cut was a good move by Mirocsoft, cause Sony is clearly taking back market share in the UK.

#3 6 months ago
  4. johnapocalypse

@tezzer1985
    I wonder how it did on the PC. On Steam it is the 7th place on the top sellers list

#4 6 months ago
  5. Legendaryboss

Oh good a shakeup!

#5 6 months ago
  6. TheWulf

Well, there you go, Thief was successful regardless of opinions! I couldn’t imagine that a few crusty old proper thievery fans like myself would have hurt it with our notions, it’s a very contemporary action-adventure, so it’s not surprising.

Not for me, but hopefully this will help anyone who was bothered by dissenting opinions, because hey, look, it’s popular and it’s selling. No one changed that.

Maybe this means everyone can be happy.

#6 6 months ago
  7. TheWulf

And on a more personal note, despite how they may seem trite, I actually really love the LEGO games. They’re really heartfelt. I think that the talking may have hurt them in more recent games now that the novelty has worn off, but the magic they had remains strong. LEGO Marvel Superheroes continues to be a favourite.

And I hear the movie’s adaption is pretty spiffy, too, so I’ll be picking that up later. And did I ever love the movie itself, what a joyful, happy thing it was. I’m getting worn out on dystopias and the shittier side of human nature, sometimes it’s nice to be reminded of what’s good about this whole endeavour, seeing people wield creativity well. There’s just so much variety in a LEGO game that there’s always something for everyone.

And if by some genuinely insane chance you can play Smaug in the Hobbit, I’ll be getting that too, for the novelty value.

Please excuse any typos, today. I fractured a finger and I’m a touch typist. Right now, two of them are splinted together. Typing is a whole new kind of adventure! Weirdly not painful, though, so it might just be a bad sprain, won’t know until I get the X-Ray. So, yeah, sorry for typos.

#7 6 months ago
  8. Revolting

Thief absolutely deserves this. It’s a lot more enjoyable and a lot closer to the originals than the wave of disgruntled reviewers and opinionated blowhards who haven’t even played it would have you believe, especially with all the thieivery elements that people seem to have somehow convinced themselves aren’t present in the game.

Action adventure? Hardly. It’s a tense, thinking-man’s action avoider, every bit as much as it’s predecessors.

And that soundtrack, oh my.

#8 6 months ago