Xbox One selling more than twice as fast as Xbox 360 – Microsoft on NPD data

Thursday, 13th February 2014 23:32 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Microsoft was the first to react to the NPD Group’s monthly report today, noting that the Xbox One is outpacing Xbox 360 sales in the US.

Xbox 360 and Xbox One cumulatively sold 2.27 million units in the US in January, making it the highest-selling platform of the month with a 47% share of the software market according to the NPD’s data, by way of Xbox Wire.

Five of the top ten best-selling games were available on Xbox consoles.

Microsoft said US consumers have purchased an average of 2.7 games per Xbox One console since launch, and that the Xbox One sold 2.29 times faster than the Xbox 360 did in its first three months.

Since Xbox One launched, users have accumulated 2.6 billion Gamerscore globally, unlocked 165 million achievements and uploaded 130 million Game DVR clips.

Sony and Nintendo have not provided reactions to the report.

1. Djoenz

Thats because Americans are freaking dimwitted in general. wahah.

steevo evo
    *daddy, I know you have spent tons of money on the xbox, we had 4 rrod and the heat issue, and the current xbox360 we have is the 6th one. I know we have paid 60$ each year, for the live gold subscription, so I can play call of duty online 30 minutes per week.by the way, my buddies at school who own a ps3, they say their PS+ subscription gives them 64 free AAA games and many other goodies and reductions, each year.
    Daddy, I also know since 2010, there were barely no new games for the 360, microsoft investing only on call of duty exclusive content. I also know microsoft almost killed the videogames industry, last may.
    And my buddies at school say microsoft will quickly drop all the 360 support, like they did with the first xbox, these next months.
    Now daddy, I want to ask you something.
    I would like you to buy me the new xbox one.8 years after the xbox360 was released, the US press say the new xbox console is fantastic, amazing, is the most powerful next gen system, so powerful that it needs an external power brick. The same press say the new xbox has the best and most beautiful games ever, that look even better than computer games at ultra quality.by the way, during E3, they were running on super powerful computers. There are even some journalists, can’t remember the name.. something like.. ‘sessliar’, that say graphics and resolutions aren’t important, next gen.
    And the same press said the new xbox one sold 1 million units in the first 9 days, when the ps4 lagged behind, and slowly sold the first 1 million units in 24 hours.no doubt the new xbox is selling so many units that fast. It’s soo cool, dad!
    Also, daddy, on the new system, we can use Skype totally free, as many other apps, once we have paid the live gold subscription. isn’t that cool? And with the subscription, we can get, totally free, a game released before 2008.amazing.
    And my buddies have told me the new xbox will massively use a real cool feature called micro transaction, like on forza5: we buy the full game, we have access to almost 20% of the content, and then we can buy amazing cars that the game recommends us to buy, via the micro transactions, that let us buy some fast and pretty cars for only 20-50$ a car. That is a cool feature that all the xbox competition will be jealous of, um, daddy?

Also, they say the new standard for graphics is 720p.they say the xbox360 was running the games at 480p, and now, with the new xbox one incredible power, developers can make their games and make them run at the incredible 720p resolution, something never seen before.and they say the processor and graphic chip are so powerful, after microsoft have boosted the frequency with 6% extra power, that they can now create new special effects,, for example, the slow motion mode on dead rising 3 game, that lets you play the game in slow motion mode,at 16 fps.
    So please, daddy, I want an xbox one. I really do.
    I don’t want the ugly and weak ps4.Japanese don’t know anything about video games, and lack the incredible american experience and savoirfaire. only an american company could create a future-proof reliable xbox360 console, and now, the xbox one.and with the new features and kinekt, we can turn our TV box on, and record shows on the xbox one drive, and access all the recorded shows inside the cable box. Amazing, um, daddy?
    And once the amazing uncharted and god of war games are released on the xbox one, it will be incredible.can’t wait to play these games, dad.please!
    Come on, dad, please. At school, there are already 2 buddies that own an xbox one.it’s gonna be great, really. And it looks like the new kinekt can record the audio and video 24 hours a day, and send it to the new action/adventure game publishers called nsa, that wrote the story of the saboteur game, and are making a new platform game, with the main hero called prism.it looks great.
    OK dad, I know the xbox one is sold out everywhere, and the ps4 are waiting for customers, on stores, because nobody wants them. But once the xbox one is available again, promise me we will get the xbox one ‘micro transactions fest’ bundle, which comes with a play and charge kit, 2 controllers and ryse+forza5+crimson dragon and killer instinct, all micro transactions-ready, and an xbox one, for only 800$. OK, daddy? *

#1 5 months ago
  2. X14EVR

@Djoenz

i bet nobody reads that from start to finish

#2 5 months ago
  3. X14EVR

twice as fast because console is also twice as fast in speed if not more fast than the 360 times two which makes it fast and worth the money not like ps4 which is only 1.5 times as fast which is why its cheaper because it isnt as fast as the xbox one thats how i see it anyway thats my two sents nobody can judge my opinion even though it is actually the better console and you are all just blind fanboys

#3 5 months ago
  4. Joe Anderson

Ps4 outsold Xbox one 2:1 according to Geoff Keighley via Sony that’s pretty big news

#4 5 months ago
  5. X14EVR

@Joe Anderson Geoff Keighley is a liar whoever he heard from is bullshit i have a uncle who works at microsoft and he said he was talking to one of the bosses who told him the xbox is actually the one selling more but sony is paying shops to hide the xboxs and tell people they are out of stock and review sties to say the ps4 is selling more when it isnt so dont belive what you hear when it is just complete lies

#5 5 months ago
  6. TrapGodZeus

@Djoenz I read that from start to finish

Signed, a slightly dimwitted American

#6 5 months ago
  7. Joe Anderson

@5 judging by shelves in the us they didn’t do a good job of hiding them

#7 5 months ago
  8. thegrimmling

@X14EVR Meanwhile at game stores everywhere… http://i.imgur.com/5XrTZSG.jpg

#8 5 months ago
  9. Fin

@X14EVR

I assume that’s an attempt at humour? It’s not funny, unfortunately.

#9 5 months ago
  10. Major Mayhem 70

Lol, I got as far as the word dimwitted and quickly realized that #1 had nothing constructive to say. It wasn’t till I started scrolling down, that I noticed how much time this idiot spent having nothing to say. Then I recognized his name and it all made sense. This dude has always been a hater in every sense of the word.

#10 5 months ago
  11. kayoss

@X14EVR
    Why is it always someone who know someone that works some where who told so and so…? Well my uncles daughter knows a friend that have an aunt that knows a friend who works at Sony. She told her aunt who then told her friend. The friend then told my uncle’s daughter to tell me that your uncles is full of BS!

there are two things in your claims that automatically told me you were lying.
    First: “…sony is paying shops to hide the xboxs and tell people they are out of stock ….”

Sony dont have the luxury or the funds to be paying shops to hide Xbox’s from the public. There are numerous pictures of xbox one on the internet siting on store shelves at retailers. Gamestop, is also doing their own advertisement to sale xbox ones at select locations.

Second: Your name is X14Ever

With a name like that, should i expect anything less? Until a retailer or Sony themselves come out and admit that they paid retailers off to hide xbox One consoles from store shelves. They everything you said is a complete lie.

#11 5 months ago
  12. Djoenz

@Major Mayhem 70
    Hahaha someone else typed that huge comment AKA Steevo Evo. I found it quite hilarious.
    You are the perfect example of a dimwitted American btw If I’m not mistaken you are the one who quoted “2 Chainz” aka Tittyboy.

You are lame as fuck bruh haha.

#12 5 months ago
  13. X14EVR

@kayoss only sheeps like you believe that sony progpagana bullcrap
    everybody with sense nos that the xbox is miles ahead in sales just take a look at all your friends who have xboxs and not piss4s
    and my uncle does work at microsoft but i dont have to prove crap to you since your just some anonimous person on the internet who i dont care about your just a hater thats all you piss4 fanboys are mad that you dont have any good games
    take your love for sony and put it somewhere useful like in xbox all sony does is release crap that you all pay for when you could be basking in gloryious games on xbox like ryse and forza 4 and killing instinct and dead rising 3 ###deelwithit

#13 5 months ago
  14. thegrimmling

@X14EVR http://cragvis.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/VFYZzFv.gif

#14 5 months ago
  15. antraxsuicide

@Djoenz Generalizing an entire region is fun. Let me try!

How’s landing on Mars going for your country? Or are you too busy trying to see if you can get your GDP up to 13th in the rankings?

See how stupid that sounds. Now go back to the fast-food place you flip burgers for, and leave things like speech and conversation to people who have IQ’s over 60.

#15 5 months ago
  16. Djoenz

@TrapGodZeus

God bless you for taking a joke. Respect!

#16 5 months ago