Far Cry 4 is in the works at Ubisoft Shanghai, according to a LinkedIn CV

Monday, 27th January 2014 18:13 GMT By Sherif Saed

Far Cry 4 is all but announced, and a recent CV listing on LinkedIn shows that Ubisoft Shanghai is working on “the next” Far Cry game.

fc_new

Multiple studios working on one game has become standard practice for the French publisher, one main studio handles most of the design process and the rest is done with the help of other Ubisoft-owned studios. So there’s a good chance some other studio is actually leading development on what could be Far Cry 4.

This isn’t the first time we heard some Far Cry 4 whispers through grapevine either. Last October composer Cliff Martinez said he was working on the game, and Ubisoft has always been keen on the idea of a sequel to Far Cry 3.

Do you think Ubisoft will be announcing this properly at E3? Let us know your thoughts.

1. YoungZer0

I wonder what the setting is, another island perhaps? Or somewhere else? I’d love to see Africa again, or maybe something completely different, something more asian.

#1 8 months ago
  2. Edo

No surprise there,I am expecting it to be revealed at this year’s E3 and released next year.

#2 8 months ago
  3. fihar

Rook Island IS Asian.
    I want someplace with snow to be honest.
    Something taken straight out of ‘The Grey’ would be mental.

Just keep the acid trips, loved those parts in FC3.

#3 8 months ago
  4. monkeygourmet

I would eat my shoes if the made a Far Cry that was set in the Everglades.

That would be awesome!

#4 8 months ago
  5. YoungZer0

@3: Himalaya then?

#5 8 months ago
  6. Obernox

As a winter lover, a snowy setting would be great.

#6 8 months ago
  7. gsxrlove

I had high hopes for FC3 multiplayer. Loved all the new features but the LAG was a game-breaker for online MP. A little hesitant about jumping on the hype train for this one.

#7 8 months ago
  8. IntrovertedOne

I’d like to see snow too; Farcry Snowmobiles would be awesome (anyone else thinking No One Lives Forever?).
    But to me the tropical location is key to the games aesthetics, it would be cool if an event in game triggered a blizzard over a tropical island; so half way through the game the map was altered with new terrain and transport options. They like adding WW2 ‘lost superweapons’ so I think it could work.
    I’d also like to see:
    Farcry 4: Bloodier Dragon OR
    Farcry 4: Gilberts Wrath (AKA The Island of exploding monkeys)

#8 8 months ago
  9. Lounds

@7 who buys it for mp lol

#9 8 months ago
  10. drewbles82

Far Cry 1 felt long and boring after a while and lil restricted. Far Cry 2 was huge, hated the constant pill popping, and getting to missions alive was hard enough, i gave up it was that boring.
    Far Cry 3 though, loved it, almost complete freedom apart from unlocking the 2nd island which is fine. The weapon choices, esp the bow and sniper rifle. The fact you could choose how you take down an enemy base, go in guns blazing, start a fire, or snipe from a distance, hell even let the animals do the job for you. You could also choose to better all your equipment with hunting, i ended up doing that before doing story missions. So Far Cry 4, gonna be reveal at E3 and release next yr. Sadly i think so many games will be announced at E3 but 90% will be out 2015. That will be the year to finally look into getting a nextgen console

#10 8 months ago
  11. Someboooodie

Defo excited to play this on my ps4.

#11 8 months ago