Metal Gear Rising: Revengence now available for PC through Steam

Thursday, 9th January 2014 20:04 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

As promised back in December, Metal Gear Rising: Revengence is now available through Steam for PC. It will run you $29.99. The game was announced for PC back in May, and in June, it was announced the title would run at a “blistering 60fps” on most modern PCs.

1. Pytox

at 60fps full hd :P

#1 12 months ago
  2. Dragon

Expect Ireland and India.
    Well, there is always a PS3/360 version ;)

#2 12 months ago
  3. Ireland Michael

This is the second game in as many months that simply hasn’t received a release in Ireland (The Walking Dead: Season 3 being the other), and I have absolutely no idea why.

#3 12 months ago
  4. BULArmy

Is this the first time in the history of Steam when the Euro version is cheaper then the US one. Because I see currently 19.99 Euro and this is a little over $27?

P.S.Also to all PC fans buy this, I sense that this is a test for us, if we are interested in MGS and I really want to play MGS5.

#4 12 months ago
  5. Tormenter

it’s not cheaper. Currently $27 in euros is 19.87.. so strictly speaking it IS still dearer.

#5 12 months ago
  6. BULArmy

@5 Yes but on US Steam the game is $29.99 which is more then 19.99 Euro when converted.

#6 12 months ago
  7. absolutezero

PSA please watch this. It will almost entirely explain everything that the game is a bit shit about doing. You’ll be parry countering everything and chopping the shit out of things in no time.

#7 12 months ago
  8. Tormenter

@6 ah.. got you. :)

#8 12 months ago
  9. grizzlycake

Fffffffffffffffffffffffffinally

#9 12 months ago
  10. R1skBreakerX

I preordered it at Green Man Gaming for $18 US (it was $23.99 + the 20% off code) but it’s back to $30. Luckily the code still works and can be had for $22.50 though. Just not sure if it works in other regions but it’s worth a try. :D

Code: GMG25-0YUM5-VKMVU

#10 12 months ago
  11. loki

fist fail of 2014 for idiots from idiots

#11 12 months ago
  12. Legendaryboss

Lol what?

#12 12 months ago
  13. Legendaryboss

I’m a little pissed that i couldn’t get past the last boss on the hardest difficulty. Precision aiming is the only problem. I gave up for now.

Buts its a fun game with a loud soundtrack.

#13 12 months ago
  14. Tormenter

I think he mean ‘first’ fail…

Either that or he’s making some kind of sexual referrence.

#14 12 months ago
  15. absolutezero

Its loki.

He’s been here posting barely legible one line posts about the PC since the site launched. No one knows anything more about him other than that.

#15 12 months ago
  16. Legendaryboss

@14/15
    Okay dokey.

#16 12 months ago
  17. YoungZer0

25 GB? For a game that looks the way it does? Does it not have like 5 very small levels? Why is it so big? I was expecting it to be not bigger than 5 GB.

#17 12 months ago
  18. slayer

@YoungZer0

heard it contains 21gb of Videos

#18 12 months ago
  19. DuckOfDestiny

Is this a good port?

I was going to get it during the sale, but from past experience I have learned my lesson about rushing into buying console ports.

#19 12 months ago
  20. YoungZer0

@18: *facepalm* Oh well.

That’s why I avoided buying X-Com through steam.

I think it’s an embarrassment that a few devs still can’t seem to figure out a way to make cutscenes in-game.

#20 12 months ago
  21. DreamCleaver

@17&18
    It’s true. The movies are, in total, 21.38 GB.

EDIT: @19 It’s decent. I get a solid 60 fps all the time*. The textures are still of console quality, though. The game’s capped at 1080p60.

* HW: GTX 680 and i7-4770K

#21 12 months ago
  22. absolutezero

Its a rock solid port, comes with the very welcome additions of AA, AF and Motion Blur toggles.

Then theres the options to increase the amount of debris and how long it stays on the map before de-spawning.

Not a single dropped frame anywhere even when the screen was filled with hundreds of objects that I’d chopped to bits. Looking at various reports it seems to scale fantastically to almost any set up aswell. Toaster proof even.

Its still an ugly game even at its best but the shadows are now crisp and sharp, the loading screens are non-existant and at its heart its still one of the best games from last year.

#22 12 months ago
  23. TheWulf

A little on the grey side. Though that doesn’t take away from its brilliance as something of a joke game, essentially it’s just Hideo Kojima letting off steam as the Metal Gear games have become ever more and more serious. Honestly, this is the most fun I’ve had with anything Metal Gear since Metal Gear: Solid, back on the PSone.

And the dog! Ha! That was brilliant. LQ-84i is a joy, but then, I like robots. I always felt that there was a massively missed opportunity in pretty much every Fallout game thus far for an eccentric robot companion.

#23 11 months ago
  24. TheWulf

Also? Guys. Guys. Hey guys. Guys.

Go there or don’t, guys. *coughs.*

(Seriously though, do.)

#24 11 months ago
  25. CyberMarco

@24 MGR:R is region locked in North, Central and South America.

“REGION LOCKED: Esse jogo só poderá ser jogado nas Américas do Norte, Central e Sul”

#25 11 months ago