Steam Machines promo runs through gameplay, OS, library and more

Tuesday, 7th January 2014 20:17 GMT By Matt Martin

Want to see the controller and games in action on Valve’s new Steam Machine platform? We’ve got what you need.

Valve and partners have released a promotional video of all things Steam Machine, featuring the controller in action, the operating system and gameplay, as well as trailer footage for a number of games. some of it is new, some of it we’ve seen before, but if you need to recap on the upcoming PC gaming push, check out the video below.

Earlier today we published our hands on impressions of the Steam Machine controller. Valve is at CES this week pushing its new initiative, with manufacturing partners detailing their prices and specs for Steam Machine hardware.

1. Tormenter

Maybe there should be a disclaimer on that video…

“Intervals have been shortened for demonstration purposes”

There’s no way Steam is as responsive as that.. the games play fine, but the screen refresh and load when changing betwen forums and details and catalogue, etc..etc.. takes ages.. it’s certainly not as fast as the video makes out

#1 3 months ago
  2. Fin

Ur, what’s with the start of the video showing like NBA 2k14 etcetc. That’s not on Steam OS (nor are the vast majority of games).

#2 3 months ago
  3. sebastien rivas

I do not appreciate personally when a demo is EDITED,if indeed it was the case.
    I cannot say more because I do not have a beta Steam, yet, this is the kind of article and remarks from users that usually wakes me from my dream and the skepticism grows.
    In any case…. thanks a bunch Tormentor

#3 3 months ago
  4. CPC_RedDawn

you must have a really slow PC then because its as fast as that for me if not faster on my normal desktop.

#4 3 months ago
  5. Tormenter

Really? My PC shows absolutely no other signs of slowdown and I play all my games on max including M:LL..so yeah, not slow.. but the Steam client has always been a LOT slower to refresh and load than that video made out.

#5 3 months ago