Evolve is Game Informer’s February cover, is next-gen shooter from Turtle Rock

Tuesday, 7th January 2014 16:32 GMT By Dave Cook

Evolve has been revealed as Game Informer’s February cover reveal – it’s a four-player co-op alien shooter coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One.

Game Informer reports that Evolve developer Turtle Rock consists of former Counter-Strike devs and Left 4 Dead creators. Naturally then, it’s a co-op multiplayer experience.

It’s being published by 2K Games – which bought the IP for $10.8 million back at the big THQ auction – and sees four soldiers fighting a player controlled alien that will evolve to become bigger and more fearsome over matches. Each alien hunter boasts unique abilities, but even though it’s a four-on-one fight, the alien player will be a force to be reckoned with.

Game Informer has promised more details through the week, but what do you think so far? Let us know below.

1. Junior

Wow a shooter. Yeah totally amazed. I did not have enough options already

#1 8 months ago
  2. Obernox

Not being pessimistic, but it’ll probably fade into forgetfulness in a few months after release.
    Most MP games do nowadays, even if it’s a good game sadly.

#2 8 months ago
  3. Zarckan

my cock is NOT erect for this… :-/

#3 8 months ago
  4. Dark

Well it’s from turtle rock studios,so i have confidence in them.

#4 8 months ago
  5. KAP

Oh. Impress me with your 59sec trailer why don’t you…

#5 8 months ago
  6. Un-HolyMOTHERofGOD

Well, I’m not flipping out about it.

#6 8 months ago
  7. The_Red

This isn’t JUST a shooter. It’s from makers of Counter Strike and the good Left 4 Dead (First one). One could argue that the former is the best competitive multiplayer game while the latter is the best co-operative multiplayer game ever made.

#7 8 months ago
  8. melonbuster1

I’m a LFD fan.. huge fan. . I can’t wait for this

#8 8 months ago
  9. Os Money

count me as intrigued until i can learn more, the studios prior projects have me interested in what this may become. Any word on a release date?

edit: looks like next fall *fingers crossed* if no delays.

source: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/01/07/february-2014-evolve-768796.aspx

#9 8 months ago
  10. Brenna Hillier

*satisfied* called it

#10 8 months ago
  11. Legendaryboss

That is why you never fall for the hype, Heads will roll, my ass!

I’m intrigued, thats it.

#11 8 months ago
  12. RicardoReverr

my Aunty Charlotte just got a stunning blue GMC by working part-time from a macbook air… check my source http://goo.gl/IXkyxH (Home tab more info)

#12 8 months ago
  13. TheWulf

Indies already did this. (And better, since it’s not a generic FPS.)

Sorry 2K.

#13 8 months ago
  14. TheWulf

That does change things. That part I wasn’t aware of. So it might actually be all right.

(I couldn’t resist name-dropping Omegalodon, though, as that’s a thing of beauty that deserves more attention.)

#14 8 months ago