PS4 firmware update 1.52 rolling out now, improves system stability

Wednesday, 11th December 2013 09:11 GMT By Dave Cook

PlayStation 4 firmware update 1.52 is available to download from today, Sony has confirmed.

Sony confirmed the update on Twitter this morning:

Pat’s downloading it now, so we’ll let you know if there’s anything else in there.

It follows Microsoft’s latest Xbox One update, which seeks to fix multiplayer and notification issues.

Are you enjoying your PS4 so far? Let us know below.

1. brooktini86

PS Vita went to version 3.01 yesterday…

edit: updated ;)

#1 10 months ago
  2. Jet Black

I’d hoped there would be an option to customise the dashboard in this update. Dynamic wallpaper would be nice, the ability to organise games/apps into folders etc. Otherwise I’m enjoying my PS4 so far, especially the ability to multitask & general speed of the interface.

#2 10 months ago
  3. Ignatius_Cheese

Surely that Protip is encouraging higher energy bills and larger carbon impact…

I’ve not left my PS4 on Standby since purchasing. What is the energy consumption like compared to leaving a PS3 plugged in?

#3 10 months ago
  4. Gekidami

Hope this fixes the audio issues, right now people are reporting having no center speaker sound, myself included. And some audio settings cause skipping sound. So yeah, that needs seeing to.

#4 10 months ago
  5. mistermogul

@3 – My thoughts exactly. I think there needs to be legislation in place to prevent companies having standby modes for devices. Imagine the energy saving on a global scale if that was the case!

Not sure how PS4 consumption compares to PS3…

#5 10 months ago
  6. PRO_GODS_OHELLNO

I’m sorry however it’s very funny how so many gamers cry about this or that not working instead of being greatful that a PS4 is here for our enjoyment !!!! In todays society with so many Flat Screens, So many Headsets, So many other electronic devices we all have I am very sure Sony has and is and will always strive to make sure it has a common ground of a stable working gaming system for all not just ONE !!!!! I am very confident that Sony / PS4 will have an awesome stable system for ALL OF US not just YOU ,….

#6 10 months ago
  7. AMGizzle

I love my ps4, only gripe I have is that the brag clip Sharing is not very intuitive. I also have onlive, which I never play anymore, and their brag clip method is far better than this. On onlive I can kill a friend in MP bragclip it and send it to him in message in no time flat, honestly I expect more from Ps in that respect, but they can definitely streamline the process in the future. Can’t wait for planetside 2.

#7 10 months ago