Video demonstrates PS4 to PS Vita Remote Play over LTE with Resogun

Saturday, 16th November 2013 19:50 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Resogun is shown in the video below, being played in the middle of Manhattan using a Wifi PlayStation Vita tethered to an LTE smartphone. According to the YouTube user, The Phawx, the latency is “kind of in and out,” but if the user can get a decent enough signal it works pretty well. The Phawx said his PS4 was 10 miles away at home, proving that Remote Play can work providing the user is located in a wide area network. It’s all explained in the video below. Resogun launched alongside PS4 this week in North America. Thanks, rumrod.

1. Xbone

DAT DELAY. No one should experience it.

#1 5 months ago
  2. Gamoc

Yeah, mobile internet will do that to you when you’re streaming games. As the guy in the video says, it actually looks to be pretty playable. Surprising.

#2 5 months ago
  3. Keivz

Looks very playable to me. It’s not for me (I never have enough free time to game on the go), but I’m somewhat impressed.

#3 5 months ago
  4. freedoms_stain

That was nowhere near as bad as I expected.

Think I’d probably rather play a Vita game outside of local range though.

#4 5 months ago
  5. ultragamer

Sony is trying to force feed the PS Morte down out throats with all this hype about PS3.5 remote play. Who the heck is going to pay $400 for a PS3.5 and then $200 for a PS Morte just to play games in a small screen???

Sony should just let the PS Morte die in peace.

#5 5 months ago
  6. Playmaker

Resogun!?!? Come on this shhhh could be made for ps3. Where are the real AAA games Sony and not carp like this and knack!!!

#6 5 months ago
  7. MrBambinoDent

@5 just keep your panties on! PS3.5 and PS Morte shows you’re just a sore xbot who can’t handle the huge launch Sony is having! in which part did you see Sony gagging that Vita or even PS4 down your throat? it’s a feature that’s a bonus for Vita owners, you don’t want it then suit yourself and play angry birds on your crappy phone!

I tried that myself before I even see that video, using my iPhone LTE hotspot, fired up my asleep PS4 while like 7 miles away, started BF4, played through some of the campaign until my wife called me scared that the PS4 is running by itself lol the lag was minimal, like I’d rate the quality by 85-90%!

#7 5 months ago
  8. KineticCalvaria

Ug has left the building :-(.

#8 5 months ago