Call of Duty: Ghosts day-one patch on PS4 makes single-player campaign native 1080p

Wednesday, 13th November 2013 20:41 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Call of Duty: Ghosts will receive a day-one patch on PS4 which makes the campaign output at a native 1080p resolution. Otherwise, the output is 720p. As it stands presently, the multiplayer runs natively at 1080p but the single-player runs at 720p.

The patch will correct the issue which Activision said was a configuration issue.

“Call of Duty: Ghosts runs natively at 1080p on the PlayStation 4,” an Activision spokesperson told Eurogamer. “There was a configuration issue in the retail version on single-player mode only. This has been addressed with a day one software update. People will be able to download the day one update when PlayStation 4 launches in their territory and play at native 1080p.”

Without the day one update, you’ll get the COD single-player upscaled, including the menu system and the HUD.

1. Hcw87

In before XB1 gets the exact same patch.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Nephilimator

yeah cause ps4 is the boss and xbone is the slave bitch

#2 1 year ago
  3. yeoung

I’m getting a feeling performance stats/numbers will become an increasingly centered parameter in reviews from now on.

#3 1 year ago
  4. bradk825

@2 I know I shouldn’t feed the troll, but if I were also a troll I’d respond to the “slave” comment by mentioning Foxconn. LOL.

Not that I’m doing that, totally not, right?

#4 1 year ago
  5. Legendaryboss

Internet connection required for 1080p update on PS4, coming soon to Xbox One????

Theres a sentence i never thought i would say.

#5 1 year ago
  6. melonbuster1

This is point less.. pick a side.. or buy both.. I want both so..it doesn’t matter

#6 1 year ago
  7. Super Girevik

IMHO, this game was clearly developed for current generation hardware and ported to next generation hardware. The game engine looks dated and it’s showing more than ever on these new consoles.

#7 1 year ago
  8. bobnice

@#4, nice one! I totally forgot about that whole Sony PS4 slave labor thing

#8 1 year ago
  9. Phoenixblight

MS employs Foxconn too all the time they just didn’t get them for the Xbox One fast enough.

#9 1 year ago
  10. bobnice

So I guess all those people who flamed on the internet and scorned Microsoft about their early policies surrounding internet check-in requirement, because they either didnt have internet, or had crappy internet or lived on submarines…I guess those people wont be able to download the patch and will forever play COD in 720p?! Where is their witch hunt against Sony and Infinity Ward?!

#10 1 year ago