Killzone: Shadow Fall multiplayer footage shows running around a rock in 60FPS

Monday, 4th November 2013 22:12 GMT By Ewan Miller

Guerrilla Games has released a slightly baffling multiplayer trailer for Killzone: Shadowfall, which is only about a minute long but contains an awful lot of running around very large boulders. Someone’s neck gets snapped though, so it’s a video game. What’s more if you’re OK skipping Youtube for this one, you can watch that neck get snapped at 60 frames per second.

All it’s missing is respawning and dying within 3 seconds of seeing someone and that’s my entire multiplayer life.

Shadow Fall is coming out on the 15th of November.

1. Legendaryboss

@Ewan
    “Honestly I think this footage is a pretty good look into what your actual lives will look like: melee a guy who isn’t looking at you, shoot another guy who isn’t looking at you, get shot from somewhere? All it’s missing is respawning and dying within 3 seconds of seeing someone and that’s my entire multiplayer life…”

Cool Story Bro, very cool ;) Too cool for school…

#1 11 months ago
  2. monkeygourmet

I like the look of this map. It reminds me of a level I used to love in COD : World at War, the Japanese Island one…

Ahhhh goodtimes…

#2 11 months ago
  3. Hcw87

Not a fan of that ”fog” at all. Doesn’t do the visuals any favor.

#3 11 months ago
  4. Erthazus

After Battlefield 4. This is http://maykach.ru/data/tinyuploads/original.jpg

@3, That is the reason why it is in 60 fps. They lowered distance view and used fog and not motion blur effect.

#4 11 months ago
  5. monkeygourmet

Fog of War?

#5 11 months ago
  6. monkeygourmet

It was super smooth of Sony to put this up against COD and BF4 as well…

It’ll prob be on PS Plus within 6 months.

#6 11 months ago
  7. Panthro

wow, that guy melees so hard it blew up some enemy equipment…

Serious muscles.

#7 11 months ago
  8. Legendaryboss

Cool story bro. Killzone Shadow Fall can’t compete with Wind Simulation Physics and 1080p/4K/120FPS Battlefield 4 gaming right?

#8 11 months ago
  9. Panthro

@9 Don’t enable him, this time he was criticizing the game not the console ;)

#9 11 months ago
  10. Erthazus

@5,6, lol. Fog Of War :D

#10 11 months ago
  11. Sanwiches

@Ertha do you have a personal vendetta against Killzone? Did it hurt you when you were younger? :0

———–

It looks like it has lost its slower movements. Seems more like COD now. I think I like it, too bad it’s PS4 exclusive. Gotta choose between TitanFall and KZ (along with the next Naughty Dog’s game). :(

#11 11 months ago
  12. Fin

Was my witty comment pulled? Wtf? :/

(I yelled “MY [male genitalia] IS BIGGER THAN YOUR [male genitalia]“, as a comment on how fucking ridiculous arguments about graphics are – seems rather harsh to be deleted, considering some of the other BS that goes on around here)

#12 11 months ago
  13. mal617

Never liked Killzone and most likely wont play it but it sure looks good.

#13 11 months ago
  14. Erthazus

@11, I have personal vendetta over Sony arrogance with this franchise in the past and it’s bad game design.
    Sony could kill Guerrilla devs and invest something in much better.

#14 11 months ago
  15. xxJPRACERxx

How can someone play, or even watch, with that low fov is beyond me. I’m feeling sick right now.

#15 11 months ago
  16. Reddpayn

Looks great, but no splitscreen no buy.(it will come to playstation plus eventually though:))

#16 11 months ago
  17. polygem

i tried to *upgrade* my ps4 preorder to the killzone bundle yesterday but they said i would lose my early preorder advantage / preordered in may :) by doing so….so i didn’t. still not feeling this game but it’s the only launch retail game that kinda looks fun to me – for the mp.

#17 11 months ago
  18. sourdiesel

Whats the point of this article, maybe im missing the point or misinterpreting but it seems like the dude is complaining that in general fps multiplayer is just being killed randomly. Well i guess if you suck but really whats wrong with being “assassinated” from the back or killed and not knowing where the person was? It’s called tactics, if you get killed from the back you just got flanked and it’s your fault or your team’s fault for not being aware of whats going on behind you.

#18 11 months ago