Xbox One’s Snapping and UI gets showcased in shaky footage

Thursday, 31st October 2013 02:28 GMT By Ewan Miller

Gameon Daily has posted a shaky video of someone playing Killer Instinct with the Xbox One’s snap mode enabled, searching the Internet and even watching a few Youtube videos while playing the game, although eventually the game gets squashed into a thoroughly unplayable portion of the screen. It all looks pretty slick, check it out below.

Amidst all the rumours of features getting delayed until post launch patches, it’s refreshing to see that they still seem to work pretty well.

Thanks, Gameon Daily.

1. Henry

How did they control the cursor while playing the game at the same time? By hand gesture?

#1 10 months ago
  2. G1GAHURTZ

Looks ok, but I’d rather just use my iPad.

#2 10 months ago
  3. gomersoul

Yeah I’ll just stick to using a different device to browse. It’s just easier to type. Nice trick though. Bit weird it doesn’t pause the game…

#3 10 months ago
  4. polygem

wiiu gamepad is my internet machine @ home. haven’t used anything else since i got it. love it.

#4 10 months ago
  5. Joe Musashi

Given its shape and placement, I would have thought it would make sense for pages displayed in the Snap Browsing mode to present mobile versions of websites (ie: have the browser identify itself as a mobile browser to the http server). At least then they’d be formatted in a manner more suited to that orientation.

JM

#5 10 months ago
  6. polygem

i must say that i totally dig the windos 8ish ui. for a console this is great. in these things ms’s services and aesthetics will crush playstation. i am pretty sure about that- but i still can’t get over their first tv is everything presentation, halo tv series, then the drm, prism bs. it’s a shame, i loved gaming on the 360 for the most part but now that they accidentaly dropped their panties it indeed is a huge turn off.

#6 10 months ago
  7. DrDamn

Looks slick. As JM alluded to the scaling and having a window on the web page just looks a bit crap. Presumably there are options?

I never minded the look of the Dash I just hated the use of it. Hopefully that’s improved. Too many ways to do the same thing, too mazey.

#7 10 months ago
  8. Zackslacky

Imagine opening move list of characters on snap bar? Learning combos easy and make online a lot easier.

#8 10 months ago
  9. Cobra951

That’s cool. But I’m already doing it one better. I have a secondary screen where I display my PC while the main screen is used for a console. The PC keyboard & mouse are right in front of me too. I guess if the XBO is the only thing connected to a TV, this would be very cool, unless, you know, what G1GAHURTZ said (#2). Different tools for different jobs.

#9 10 months ago
  10. Hyperx64

#8 @Zackslacky YES – great idea :D

#9 @Cobra951 MS & Sony have been talking about adding Mouse & Keyboard support to both Xbox One & PS4! Hopefully they go with it. I’m actually typing on my big screen right now – harks back to the days of Commodore and Amiga :)

#10 10 months ago
  11. Kreion

But that isn’t really feasible in a living room – which is the place which most of this functionality is designed for after all. Not to disagree that is it better xD I mean I have been using two screens for a while now and it’s so very useful, but I’d never want two screens in my living room…it’d be weird.

#11 10 months ago