GTA Online money hand-outs won’t start until bugs have been fixed

Friday, 25th October 2013 10:31 GMT By Dave Cook

GTA Online’s stimulus cash hand-outs won’t start until progress breaking-bugs have been ironed out, Rockstar has said.

We reported that the first of two $GTA 250,000 compensation hand-outs would be given to players this week, but it seems that they’ve been pushed back.

A comment on the Rockstar Newswire reads, “We hope to have an update for you on that very soon. As others have mentioned here, we of course want to make sure player progress loss issues are addressed before providing everyone with their GTA$500K. Thanks for your patience and please stay tuned.”

It was followed by this tweet:

It comes as Rockstar has lowered the pay-out for repeatedly completed missions, effectively putting paid to endless grinding for cash.

Are you itching to get your first $GTA 250,000 pay-out? Let us know below.

Via OXM.

1. tezzer1985

I guess it makes sense

#1 10 months ago
  2. Docker Al

Game is still hopelessly broken. Played all last weekend and ended up with less cash than I started with due to the crashes and freezes.

#2 10 months ago
  3. Fin

You were losing cash whenever it froze or crashed?

I played last weekend and made enough money to buy an apartment! Not one crash/freeze the entire time.

#3 10 months ago
  4. naffgeek

@2 are you PS3 or xbox.

I lost 30k and a level up yesterday which really surprised me as I haven’t had anything go wrong for a good while.

I wouldn’t say it is hopelessly broken by any means though and I am having way too much fun playing to let any hiccups get to me.

They did say that it would be a rocky start and I think all things considered they have done pretty well.

Been the best online experience I have ever had although BF3, COD and Fifa were the only other things i tried.

I am on xbox btw

#4 10 months ago
  5. KAP

@3 Same here.. I played thru out the weekend and during the week and my game has been fine. Docker Al, mate you must have a dud game.

#5 10 months ago
  6. Docker Al

@ 3/4/5 playing on 360. Crashes whenever I click on an individual player to bring up the screen that allows you to send a message, report, commend player etc. Also for returning to free roam after a few jobs some lovely players kicked me, which boots you back to single player without saving, therefore losing all the cash and xp from said jobs. And no I wasn’t host or being a cockhead. Don’t get me wrong: I love the game but after a solid weekend of playing I had $11 000 in the bank. I can avoid the first issue by steering clear of the player menu screen but players have figured out that if you kick someone they lose progress. They’re just doing it for shits’n'giggles I guess.

#6 10 months ago
  7. 2021vince

Man f**k the money when are they gonna give us the hiest jobs like I’ve honestly stopped playing since they halved the mission pay out which makes me not want to do missions at all and there’s not enough good paying jobs / anything that get u a good amount of money with out it feeling like a grind fest

#7 10 months ago
  8. Iliad

So, 2014 then!? Less fussed about the halved payout on replayed missions and more pissed on the rest of the crew receiving half of the host, although bizarrely not on all missions. I swear they introduced more bugs with the last patch than it fixed.

Like #7 said, give us the heist jobs!

#8 10 months ago
  9. iAmerica

The thing is tho, Rockstar doesn’t HAVE to spend days upon days to fix issues with the game. They don’t HAVE to bend over backwards to patch the game. They don’t HAVE to work around the clock 24/7 to ensure a fun experience. They could easily take their billion dollars and just say “whatever, it is what it is”. How bout instead of criticizing them for being too slow when in fact they are working their butts off, you show a little respect? Have a little faith will ya?

#9 10 months ago
  10. 2021vince

@9 they got the respect when I payed my $64.76 on the game based on the multiplayer content they showed and have yet to deliver u can sip R* cool aid all u want be a sheep all u want but don’t bash me because I want something I was promised and let them walk away from the game if they want to and see what would happen to their fan base not to mention the false advertisement suits that could follow and they don’t work 24/7 they use normal office hours

#10 10 months ago
  11. Gojira77

i understand that they wanna get it fixed first before they release the money, but they shouldnt put a time frame on something and then miss it. id rather them just say this month, rather than by the 20th. or just say eventually lol

#11 10 months ago
  12. Outraaageous

Mission payouts are cut in half to those who have done the mission once before. If you have never done the mission, you get the full payout the first time completed. Hope that helps. XBL gamertag is my username, feel free 2 add

#12 10 months ago