GTA Online 1.04 game update full patch notes revealed

Friday, 18th October 2013 15:59 GMT By Dave Owen

We reported earlier today that the Grand Theft Auto 5 1.04 game update had gone live, and now Rockstar has release full patch notes to detail what the update improves. It chiefly addresses a cloud save issue that led to purchased vehicles disappearing. It’s also thought to pave the way for the GTA$ compensation package which should be dropping very soon. Full patch notes are within.

- Fixes numerous issues that were causing vehicle loss and/or loss of vehicle mods
- Fixes an issue where the incorrect car is replaced when choosing to replace a car in a full garage
- Fixes an exploit allowing players to sell the same vehicle multiple times
- Fixes an issue that caused personal vehicles to be duplicated
- Fixes an issue where some players were unable to pay utility bills on an owned apartment or house
- Fixes an issue where players were not getting Crew invites in-game
- Fixes an issue where the starting point for the tutorial race was not appearing
- Fixes issues with joining Jobs from within a player-owned garage
- Fixes issues with players getting stuck while using playlists
- Fixes additional issues causing black screens, long load times, and players getting stuck in the sky cam
- Adds details in the UI to clarify that characters created while Rockstar cloud is unavailable are temporary (non-saved)
- Adds changes to the character creator to make better-looking default characters with the “random” option
- Players now only lose a maximum of 500 GTA$ upon death in Freemode

Thanks, CVG.

1. xXNapsterManXx

Oh it makes me sad to think of all the money I have lost dying in freeroam and jobs now that they made it Max 500$ lose on death in freeroam, at least now I can have fun without burning through my money in 30 minutes.

They still need to make better ways to earn cash in freeroam I really wish I didn’t have to go through so many load screens to make money.

#1 6 months ago
  2. Panthro

How much was the max beforehand?

I think it should be a percentage of your money lost. It makes it more interesting…

It should be 20%-30% of the money you have that isn’t in your bank…

#2 6 months ago
  3. Phoenixblight

You lost a few k from your bank and at percentage of what you had on hand.

If they only did it by what you had as cash it would be easy to prevent as you just deposit money to your bank via the phone.

#3 6 months ago
  4. Johnnymaxx

Every time I kill someone I got only 100$ from them and everytime I got killed I lost tops 100$ to the guy who killed me.

I thought it would be much more damaging to die with money on hand… but it doesn’t hurt that much.

#4 6 months ago
  5. Hcw87

Most of the money you lose comes from hospital bills.

#5 6 months ago
  6. Panthro

Hmmm, they should scrap all that… it would make it more interesting for people that have just robbed a bank/ store.. they would have to get somewhere to deposit their cash before someone creeps up and takes a large slice of it, 30% is enough.

#6 6 months ago
  7. Hcw87

People would camp the hell out of every store/bank then, and grief people that came to deposit the money. Human nature says this simply wouldn’t work well at all.

#7 6 months ago
  8. Panthro

@7 Not everybody, 30% is a tiny sum compared to the 100% you could just get from actually robbing it yourself, I would only use it if I happened to either see someone robbing a store or heard someone on Headset talking about robbing one. + their is quite a few stores, it would be quite boring to camp outside a store hoping for someone to rob that particular one.
    It would be cool if you could buy a police scanner from Lester and get updates about players that are comitting crimes so you can play vigilante and go intercept them, take their cash/ vehicles/ ammo… for the good of mankind…

Also actual vigilante missions against other players would kick ass, and they should add a level 6 star wanted level where players are alerted and a massive bounty is put on your head by the state.

^Dream GTA online features

#8 6 months ago
  9. Johnnymaxx

Regarding camping store, when you are going to a store you see other players on map. If you see there is someone near by, you don’t rob that store and go to another. It is easy to turnaround.

I like the idea of loosing 30% of what you have and I would love that. I was thinking, when I first read about the advice of you depositing your money to the bank, that you would loose 50% of whatever money you possessed within your pocket.

however, when I first got killed after a job and I had more than 4 thousand with me, and only lost 100 bucks, I felt so depressed like “Is that it? What an unnecessary fuss…”

@5 do you mean that now, my medical bills will be less than 500$ because all the money I will lose per death is topped in 500? Boy they are really motivating people to just go rampage in free roam then… I don’t like it. Kills in free roaming should be something exciting, something that would make you say “wow this guy have courage! He is killing people even though if he got kille he would lose that much money…”

Anyway, just the way I feel.

#9 6 months ago
  10. Hcw87

Not sure, i haven’t played since the patch. But i think the medical bills before were around 1000.

#10 6 months ago
  11. Redrum

They’re gonna fuck up their own game now listening to a bunch of whiners. 500$ for dying is so lame. When the game came out we all thought it was gonna be hard core. Like how they said you would drop all the money you carry on you. WTF happened to that Idea. Whats the problem with a game thats hard and forces people to get better?

#11 6 months ago
  12. Panthro

But making the game difficult wouldn’t cater to all the nice 12 year olds that we play with…

Thats why I like all the indie games that are bringing back permadeath, they dont care if a 12 year old gets hold of the game and cries because he cant play, they try to cater to the people they want to be playing there games and not to a wider spectrum, trying to cater something to everyone is hard and sometimes makes a game lose things that are innovative.

They know what the masses wouldn’t like, and what we could was the result of that.

#12 6 months ago
  13. Sanwiches

@Panthro Not innovative necessarily, but simply fun. Instant gratification is the lamest thing ever.

—————-

One thing that bugs me is the respawn point after you get killed. Can’t it be farther than the street around the corner? Getting killed once is alright, but 2..+ in a short timespan is annoying.

What I usually do to avoid this is select a quick job from my phone. 2 sec and you’re gone.

#13 6 months ago
  14. Iliad

Has anyone else noticed that the host of a co-op contract mission now gets double the payout of the rest of the crew (no more money than before, the rest of the crew just gets half the payout it should be), regardless of rank, kills in the mission. I can only hope this is a bug as otherwise it’s a very poor decision by Rockstar – a very anti co-op decision.

#14 6 months ago
  15. Djoenz

Im sorry but if Im not mistaken everytime you got killed you lost 2000!
    Im glad its been reduced to 500.

I had some good things happen to me that are on that list haha.

#15 6 months ago
  16. thedudeabides43

@Iliad Yes I have noticed this and I completely agree with you. I had completed a very difficult mission with this other guy online who stupidly died twice using our only life at the beginning leaving me to finish the entire mission by myself. What did he get when it was over? $7000. What did I get? $3500! Even though I did all the work! It’s really not fair and they need to fix that.

Seriously what was wrong with everyone getting paid the same price? Why should the host get paid twice the amount as everyone else?

#16 6 months ago