Flower, flOw, Escape Plan and Sound Shapes releasing on PS4 and Vita with Cross-Buy in November

Wednesday, 16th October 2013 15:11 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Flower, flOw, Escape Plan and Sound Shapes will all be released with Cross-Buy for Vita and PS4, Sony has announced. Each will release on November 15 in North America and November 29 in Europe and if you have purchased these games previously on PSN, they will be available to you when they release on PS4 or PS Vita at no additional charge. Sony Santa Monica’s director of technology, Tim Moss said earlier this month that Flowe can be experienced at 1080p and 60fps.

1. VibraniumSpork

“If you have purchased these games previously on PSN, they will be available to you when they release on PS4 or PS Vita at no additional charge.” – That’s what I’ve been waiting to hear! Good going Sony, having to pay for these again just to play on PS4 would have been a bitter pill to swallow.

#1 1 year ago
  2. CyberMarco

+1 for Cross-Buy. Now I’ll consider buying a game or two from PSN.

#2 1 year ago
  3. ChameleonX

This is great news that we don’t have to re-buy those titles! I hope other publishers follow Sony’s lead and not try to pull a Nintendo on us!

#3 1 year ago
  4. Dragon

Cross-buy, awesome! Great deal. Already have a good collection on PS4, with Ps Plus only adding more goodies to that.

@3,
    +1.
    However it seems some platform apologists just like to splurge moar money on same damn game. You can hardly fault Ninty for milking those fancows :P

#4 1 year ago
  5. DrDamn

I’ve already got all four of those. My starting collection of games for PS4 is already 7 before f2p and I’m only having to buy one of those directly.

#5 1 year ago
  6. monkeygourmet

I have Flower, which was pretty boring tbh. Also Flow on PSP I think? Does that mean I qualify for an upgrade?

#6 1 year ago
  7. tenthousandgothsonacid

Yeah, I already own them all. Very happy about that after yesterday’s Watchdogs disappointment.

Anyone know if there’s a separate set of trophies on each platform ?

#7 1 year ago
  8. DrDamn

You get separate sets of trophies between disc and digital versions sometimes, so I’d expect so :D.

#8 1 year ago
  9. Ireland Michael

Considering I already own Flower on PS3, this is absolutely brilliant news for my Vita. Mad,

#9 1 year ago
  10. TrickyAudio

Brilliant!

#10 1 year ago
  11. Ireland Michael

@6 Probably not. PSP never got anything like that when it was alive, and the format isn’t really being supported anymore outside of PSP titles working on the Vita.

#11 1 year ago