Battlefield 4: Second Assault to be made available on Xbox One at launch, gameplay debuts November 1

Monday, 7th October 2013 16:38 GMT By Sherif Saed

Battlefield 4′s second DLC pack, Second Assault, is already confirmed to launch on Xbox One first. The news, however, is that the pack will actually launch with the new console.

Videogamer apparently got a confirmation from an EA UK spokesperson about the news. The DLC pack is to be made available for download on Xbox One November 22, the console’s launch date.

A launch date for other platforms is yet to be set, but you will get your first look at the DLC containing updated Battlefield 3 maps in an upcoming tournament held in London November 1. The tournament will pit a team from Europe against a team from the US, with 32 players each. It will be live-streamed at at 10:00AM PDT .

The Battlefield official blog also notes that one player could win a trip to London to play for the US team in the event, more details are through here.

1. Legendaryboss

That perfect unprecedented relationship ;)

#1 1 year ago
  2. G1GAHURTZ

EA <3 Microsoft.

#2 1 year ago
  3. VibraniumSpork

Hey, EA & MS: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-AV4sC42Aj9o/TdgVkZ2Yj3I/AAAAAAAAARc/5Xs46X4j7F8/s1600/fuck-you.gif

Welp, time-released DLC only gets a week’s lead on the opposing formats I guess. Still, that’s a burn to Sony.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Sherif Saed

@1 my thoughts exactly :D

#4 1 year ago
  5. Tr0n

Nooo, not again, not this generation. Cmon! :(

#5 1 year ago
  6. Tech-N9ne

I hope you all felt this way when Sony pulled the same thing with BF3 on the PS3.
    Bunch of hypocrites.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Dendroball

#6 +1

I guess if EA had continued the same promotion with Sony, we wouldn’t have half of these sarcastic comments.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Legendaryboss

A person is only a hypocrite if he/she turned on words stated at that time, did they? Don’t know? Just labelling? Perfect.

#8 1 year ago
  9. Legendaryboss

You would hear that on the Xbox/PC/neutral side, so well done on generalising without any proof.

End sarcasm.

#9 1 year ago
  10. fearmonkey

@1 – It doesn’t hurt to have Peter Moore who was once the face of Xbox as a big exec at EA it seems…

#10 1 year ago
  11. Dendroball

#9 Well if you had read some of the articles discussing the partnership between EA and MS, you would know the general sentiment here is that EA is in bed with MS while completely ignoring its Sony playerbase (supposedly because Peter Moore is a former MS executive), thus your first comment, sentiment certainly fueled by the bad reputation Xbox One is having right now. Which doesn’t make much sense when in substance EA only made one full exclusive game deal (rumored to be timed exclusive) and another deal for a multiplatform game in a bundle for this coming generation, when the rest of the stuff is only timed exclusive.

And yet nobody has been crying that EA has been leaning towards Sony this gen despite all of the exclusive or timed exclusive content the PS3 version of their games got over the 360 version (Dante’s Inferno, Medal of Honor, Battlefield 3, Dead Space 2, etc).

#11 1 year ago
  12. Legendaryboss

My comment is fueled by nothing but your imagination. Unless stated otherwise its all conspiracy nonsense.

As for the non outcry of EA/Sony relationship see 8/9.

#12 1 year ago
  13. Dendroball

#11 Ok since I’m a conspirationist now, I’ll leave it at that : http://www.vg247.com/2013/08/29/ea-microsoft-has-been-very-aggressive-with-us-as-had-sony-says-moore/

#13 1 year ago
  14. monkeygourmet

Shatner Jnr. In the hizzous!

#14 1 year ago
  15. Legendaryboss

All I’m seeing is others commenting, but i fail to see how other opinions relates to my comment, so yes its fueled by your imagination. Others do not equal me.

Not sure if serious or trolling meme?

#15 1 year ago
  16. Pytox

Cancelled my pre-order
    fu ea with your stupid practices ,
    i dont support your practices like this

#16 1 year ago
  17. FuntimeBen

So the Xbox One folks get the same maps they have been playing for 2 years on launch?! They have no time to take a breather between BF3 and BF4?! That’s not an exclusive, that is just mean.

I am so sick of those maps, regardless of bumped up destruction! I’m glad I get a break from them on the PS4.

Give me the 10 new maps! PLEASE!!!!!!!!

#17 1 year ago
  18. pcbros

At the end of the day, having better relationships with publishers like EA is a plus for any console.

Got to give Microsoft credit for getting EA to see them as the preferred child.

#18 1 year ago
  19. fearmonkey

@19 – Cash will do that :)

I wonder if they will do the same With Bethesda again, where they got all the DLC first.

#19 1 year ago
  20. pcbros

@20 – Then we have to give them credit for having more money than Sony ;)

I just want to see what Epic has in store for next-gen.

#20 1 year ago
  21. fearmonkey

@21 – Remember that Samaritan demo, I wish Epic would do a game like that.

#21 1 year ago
  22. wicktus

That’s so great Microsoft have a new partner, Exclusive DLC will totally justify the extre 100E/£/$, the weaker GPU/CPU, Spykinect, intrusive ads and fewer 1P. (that’s sarcastic btw).

Microsoft need to focus their money on : GAMES GAMES GAMES and GAMES. I don’t want to know how or why peter moore is at the head of EA but something feels suspicious about that ;)

#22 1 year ago
  23. pcbros

@23 – It’s not like Sony ever bragged about exclusive content

Microsoft is actually hoping the Kinect 2, their improved network, and TV features justify the $100 difference ;)

I think they are focusing on the games as well. Making Titanfall a Microsoft exclusive was a big deal for them. That’s going to keep PC, 360 and Xbox One owners quite happy. They also scored Dead Rising 3 and Sunset Overdrive.

#23 1 year ago
  24. Doppleganger

Damn Xbox One has WAY better content.

#24 1 year ago
  25. Legion

You are clueless. Sony did this exact same thing with BF3 and if any PS3 supporters now call out MS for doing the same thing with BF4 then it does make them hypocritical, if they did not call out Sony for the same.

#25 1 year ago
  26. Doppleganger

Usually the case with Sony fan boys.

#26 1 year ago
  27. pcbros

The piranhas just need to see the slightest hint of blood in the water…

#27 1 year ago
  28. Legendaryboss

@Legion
    Still doesn’t disprove what i said, so try again. I’m not refuting that point, so the cleverless remark: invalid. See @15, i’m defending myself not others. A point which you all can’t see.

#28 1 year ago
  29. Legendaryboss

Oh my god forbid others making supposed negative comments is too much for you to handle to compare it to a piranha situation.

#29 1 year ago