Vanille returning for Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy 13

Wednesday, 2nd October 2013 21:30 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy 13 has had another returning character confirmed and its Oerba Dia Vanille. Apparently, she’s located at a salvation temple in Luxerion, can hear the voices of the dead, “and wishes to put them to rest.” The character was revealed in the latest Weekly Jump magazine out of Japan. We won’t post the scan here but you can look at it over on Siliconera. Lightning Returns is out on PS3 and Xbox 360 on February 11 in North America, then February 14 across Europe.

1. Eregol

It doesn’t matter what articles come up about this, only one thing will truly baffle me….
    Out of the Eurogamer Expo…people said that this was actually decent???????

#1 7 months ago
  2. Sylrissa

Because it actually does look decent, which is surprising and I’ll most likely pick it up after I see a few launch impressions.

#2 7 months ago
  3. salarta

I’m expecting this to do poorly even if it somehow does play well, because 1) it’s Motomu Toriyama, and 2) Squeenix’s antics have done a ton to kill off much of the Final Fantasy fandom.

I’ve noticed over time that fanfiction, fanart and cosplay of Final Fantasy games and characters has gone down drastically, and there is much less activity on fan communities and fan sites. The people we see that play up the supposed greatness of FF13 aren’t really counter-balanced in an obvious way by all the people that dropped out of Final Fantasy fandom in the wake of those games. You need to have been part of those communities for a while already to see the death of them.

#3 7 months ago
  4. Luciferous

@1 I played the demo down there and yes, its possibly more than decent, the new combat system is fast and fluid, graphically it looks superb and Ali Hillis’ voice is a delicious as ever.

#4 7 months ago
  5. silkvg247

Do you have to play through ffxiii-2 to understand the story in this one? I’m finding the xiii-2 a drag is all.

#5 7 months ago
  6. Lv01

i know the FF13 series isnt one of the highlights of the FF universe, but ive still personally really enjoyed them.
    and even though i havent played the demo of this, from what ive seen of the trailers, and the live demo playthroughs from the games shows, i am so excited for this game. the fact that many are saying that it plays really well only heightens my excitement, considering the many negative reviews of 13 and 13-2.
    feb 14 cant come soon enough!

#6 7 months ago