The Sims 4 character interactions carry over into group conversations via Smart Sim technology

Saturday, 14th September 2013 21:58 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

The Sims 4 will contain a new feature called Smart Sim which provided players’ virtual people with the ability to have conversations of sorts and allows them to react using emotions. Producer Graham Nardone explains how it all works in the video below. The Sims 4 is now available for pre-order on Mac and PC.

1. AngryConsumer

please let this crap game die soon….

#1 10 months ago
  2. TheWulf

What they’ve covered in the video is actually a nice little change. In the past, Sims conversations have been very one-to-one. Yeah, they remember what’s happened to themselves and each other, but beyond that there hasn’t been much socialising. Which is bizarre in a game where socialising is such a big aspect. It seems like a small thing, but it’s actually a really important change, even if it is a small tweak.

So I’m pretty pleased by that, and I’m looking forward to what they’re going to do with it, all in all. It sounds like Maxis is really innovating this time around, though, and that pleases me. Their games haven’t always been for everyone, but when is anything more unique ever?

Also, I think a certain PC hating troll from the recent past is back to haunt us.

#2 10 months ago
  3. AngryConsumer

@2 im not hating pc and the troll from the past comment??.. what the heck is that about?… anyway i was maybe to harsh with my first commentm so i will explain. i bought the sims the first game when it arrived in the shops for my pc. i loved it and modded the heck out of it. it was a very innovative game for its time. until ea started to milk the hell out of it, thats when i started hate it.

the logical next step for the sims is to go online. then set up the game as a village with other people playing as neighbors. not fake computer controlled idiots. this sandbox concept is out dated and is here only so the developers can have control over dlc that will be released later on.

to put it short sims should go online like a mmo next, not offline fake stuff… they are holding back the real potential of the game. if they will not go to the next evolution of the game, then please let this game die.

now i hope your happy with the “proper” answer and stop your idiot comments about me.

#3 10 months ago
  4. Xal

@3 yeah they tried an MMO version. Meet http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sims_Online it failed horribly. While I agree that it is a logical step that they could try taking again(they could probably do a better version of it today compared to back then) you can’t say that they never tried it.

#4 10 months ago
  5. II-WAR-STEINER-II

@3 yup

Totally agree… Btw i love vg247 there are some cool dudes with humour and cleverness…

#5 10 months ago
  6. TheWulf

You’ve been making troll comments in every PC comments thread thus far, you can’t believe that no one’s noticed. People aren’t stupid, guy. I’m sure you think that this is all very clever, but it’s not as hard to prove identity as you think it is.

I find what you’ve said about MMOs ironic, too, as you’ve been trolling MMOs in other threads. And I’ve been watching console topics, too, which you haven’t been trolling.

It’s fairly obvious.

To be honest, I wouldn’t be surprised if AngryConsumer and II-WAR-STEINER-II are the same person, too, because the posting style and grammar is identical. I wouldn’t be surprised if the IP was identical for both posters, too, unless they’re using a proxy.

#6 10 months ago
  7. Hcw87

AngryConsumer isn’t Back_up, it’s ps3fanboy.

It is known.

#7 10 months ago
  8. Hcw87

AngryConsumer is ps3fanboy, not that other guy (with even worse grammar).

Also for some reason, i can’t say the name of that certain individual, my post won’t come up for some reason. Some auto-moderation implemented on this site or something?

Try it yourself, back+up without the ”+”.

#8 10 months ago
  9. AngryConsumer

@8 i dunno who that is or what the heck your talking about. i was never a fanboy of anything. i have a pc,ps3,x360 so no fanboys here at all. so your claim is idiotic, but i guess you like to troll people here, like the local village idiot.

#9 10 months ago