Dead Rising 3′s world map revealed, bigger than previous games combined

Wednesday, 11th September 2013 10:37 GMT By Dave Cook

Dead Rising 3 developer Capcom Vancouver has spilled the beans on the game’s open world. The Xbox One romp is bigger than the first two games combined, and then some.

The Financial Times posted the game’s world map in an article, and from the sky it looks like this:

It’s pretty big. Over at gamescom, Capcom Vancouver confirmed to me that you could take the worlds of both Dead Rising and Dead Rising 2 and then fit them multiple times into the new city of Los Perdidos. Check out what they said here.

Dead Rising 3 is an Xbox One exclusive and has yet to be dated. What do you think of it so far?

Via OXM.

1. AngryConsumer

…and they are still keeping the time constraint, that ruined both of the first games. GET THAT MEDICINE FOR THE DAUGHTER OR THE GAME WILL END. no no no no you cant go and explore in this open world and kill zomibes at your own pace and enjoyment. worst tease ever… so not gonna buy this new one, that is for sure.

#1 11 months ago
  2. Dave Cook

@1 It’s optional in Dead Rising 3. You can turn the clock off. We have plenty of articles about that on the site.

#2 11 months ago
  3. AngryConsumer

oh?… so they have finally learned then, good. but i am still not gonna buy it. i wasted money on the second game, so i lost interest in the franchises. there are more interesting games out there now days.

#3 11 months ago
  4. TheBlackHole

@1 NOT BUYING GAME COS OF SHITTY GAME FEATURE!

@2 They fixed that.

@3 Oh… well, I’m still not buying, cos reasons.

Goddamn trolls.

#4 11 months ago
  5. vOL

Why do I see the map is just bigger because it is zoomed in? If you compare the size of the roads on new map to the previous maps, it would be too damn huge for a road to be called a “road” anymore..

#5 11 months ago
  6. soqquatto

I AM SO ANGRY AND I WON’T LISTEN TO YOU ANYWAY!

#6 11 months ago
  7. Dave Cook

@5 there are big freeways in the game.

#7 11 months ago
  8. Mr Sparkle

@4 I thought posting ANYthing online made you a troll…

#8 11 months ago
  9. AngryConsumer

@4 as a customer that have already spend the money on a product that was no good. i am for sure not buying anymore from them… that is just common sense.

#9 11 months ago
  10. Lengendaryboss

Why does that sound so familiar?

#10 11 months ago
  11. mreko3230

I thought the timed stuff was great in the first one. It took strategy and proper inventory to get through the game. The only problem was, they did a horrible job of explaining it. People didn’t realized (I know I didn’t) that you were basically “supposed” to fail your first time through. It was about learning and devising a plan.

The second one on the other hand was just kind of boring, although I did enjoy the epilogue episode “Case Zero”.

I think this one looks like fun. And I’m sure I’ll get some enjoyment out of it.

#11 11 months ago
  12. CyberMarco

@10 I’m sure as hell that AngryConsumer is ps3fanboy undercover.

#12 11 months ago
  13. Lengendaryboss

Oh i know.

#13 11 months ago
  14. absolutezero

@5 there are no roads in the first two games, its a mall in the first with a big outdoor area and some underground parking and a casino, entertainment complex in the second.

Its looking more and more like Dead Rising as they release more materials. Which is only ever a positive.

#14 11 months ago