Watch Sony’s Japanese press conference in full here

Monday, 9th September 2013 13:46 GMT By Dave Cook

Sony hosted a press conference in Japan this morning, which covered many PS4 titles, PS Vita TV, Capcom’s Deep Down and much, much more. Watch it all here.

Note: the video kicks in around the 1:40 mark.

During the clip, PlayStation 4 was dated for Japan. Check out the details here.

Via GamesHQMedia.

1. Erthazus

PS Vita TV…

I hope that they will announce PS Vita Toaster

#1 1 year ago
  2. CyberMarco

konichiwa! :D

#2 1 year ago
  3. YoungZer0

I’m totally getting the PS Vita TV. I never cared about portability. Matter of fact I prefer playing at home, so it’s perfect for me. The price tag is the icing on the cake.

#3 1 year ago
  4. KAP

The female translator has a twitter account and Shuhei retweeted her, too funny!

twitter.com/KnackTranslator

#4 1 year ago
  5. Doppleganger

Cool XboxOne with same hardware thats all built in and or comes with it now makes the system 60 dollars cheaper!

#5 1 year ago
  6. wildBoar

@5 what? Since when does Xbox One stream to other televisions? Or be fittable into a pocket?

But I’m confused about the functionality of this device, anyone wanna do a recap here in the comments? it can stream PS4 from the living room to another TV in the house.. And it can play Vita and PSP games.. But how? Do you require a Vita or is it a standalone console? The translator was pretty shit imo.

#6 1 year ago
  7. DrDamn

It’s essentially a PSV in a small box without a screen. So it can play a subset of the PSV library (ones which don’t need the touch screen), and it can do everything else a PSV can like browse, mail, youtube, play PSP and PSOne games.

It’s an interesting way to try and widen the PSV game market. Low cost entry into PS gaming.

#7 1 year ago
  8. CyberMarco

It’s a Vita-console minus the screen. It does the same things the Vita does, play Vita/PSP/PSone games and remote-play PS4 games and watch/stream movies, listen to music, browse the web etc.

In other words it’s like AppleTV + OUYA but made by Sony.

#8 1 year ago
  9. SlayerGT

@6 Its essentially a Vita with no screen or buttons, an HDMI port, and a DS3. It can stream your PS4 from anywhere using WiFi, like a Vita. As well as play Vita and PSP games “natively”.

Edit: @7 It’d also be a neat way to “take your PS4 to a friends house”. If it works well enough.

#9 1 year ago
  10. Clupula

See, this conference actually gets me excited about the PS4. Of course, it also means to me that there’s no reason to buy the system before February, since that’s when Japan starts getting involved.

#10 1 year ago
  11. monkeygourmet

Do you have to have 2 wifi enabled TV’s to stream?

I only have 1, what I usually do is buy an extra ‘powerbrick’ for my consoles and plug them in in the bedroom.

If I want to play in another room, I just unplug the Console base unit and take that into the other room and plug it in.

#11 1 year ago
  12. DrDamn

Why would you need wifi enabled TV’s? The PSVitaTV has a HDMI output.

#12 1 year ago
  13. DrDamn

One of the reasons the PS4 has the edge over the X1 for me is the Japanese link. It’s a huge plus for me in the diversity of what the console offers.

/ahem stealth edit :)

#13 1 year ago
  14. monkeygourmet

To beam the signal?

So, I have my PS4 and PS TV plugged into my TV in the front room, how does it ‘beam’ to my bedroom TV?

I don’t know how this works… :)

Schoolgirls and Panty shots?

Also, if the PS3 has the edge over X1, the PS4 will make you shit in your shoes! :D

#14 1 year ago
  15. DrDamn

PS4 in the lounge, PSVTV in the bedroom. The connection between the two is via the home network.

#15 1 year ago
  16. monkeygourmet

“Ah right Ted!”

#16 1 year ago
  17. AngryConsumer

sony know their stuff, this was a great conference. it just shows that sony is miles ahead of anything microsoft.

#17 1 year ago
  18. monkeygourmet

Yep, you should buy 5 PS4′s.

#18 1 year ago
  19. Clupula

@14 – “The PS4 will make you shit in your shoes!” should totally be the system’s tagline.

@13 – I agree. The only Western exclusive announced for either PS4 or XB1 that I was excited for was Infamous: Second Son. Looking at the Japanese lineup, though, I totally want the system.

#19 1 year ago
  20. DrDamn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh5kZ4uIUC0 :)

#20 1 year ago
  21. monkeygourmet

:D

#21 1 year ago
  22. CycloneFox

That’s funny. The conference began with the alchemy process sound from the Atelier games. ^^

#22 1 year ago