Sony has “no firm plans at this stage” to bundle PS4 and Vita together

Tuesday, 3rd September 2013 15:21 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Sony has reiterated it has “no firm plans at this stage” to bundle PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita together.

Speaking with OPM, SCE UK boss Fergal Gara said while there are no current plans to “put the two together in one box”, there is the opportunity to work with retailers “to put them together alongside each other as at least a great companion trade up sale.”

Gara’s comments reflect those made to VG247 at gamescom, when he said it’s “not out of the question that we can’t put the two together, not necessarily in a one-box bundle, but retail in the UK’s incredibly flexible in putting together what you call soft bundles.”

“That’s by no means out of the question, that we can offer the consumer a package including Vita and PS4, even round launch,” he said. “Now that we have a date on the table, and now that we have reasonably clear visibility on volume, our conversations with retailers are far more focused on tangibles.

“These are the sort of details we need to get into now.”

PS4 releases on November 15 in North America and November 29 in Europe.

The firm announced a Vita price-cut in August.

1. Francis O

Doesn’t mean it won’t happen

#1 10 months ago
  2. VibraniumSpork

Relying on retailers to take the common sense approach and offer “soft bundles” makes sense.

I just wish they’d hurry up and confirm that PS4 Killzone bundle…I know launch i still a fair way away but that box includes everything I want on launch day! C’mon Sony, stop being such a tease!

#2 10 months ago
  3. viralshag

Yeah that KZ bundle is stupidly tempting. I really don’t want to get two consoles so it’s going to be a real last minute decision for me.

Probably should have kept that PS4 pre-order…

#3 10 months ago
  4. noamlol2

$ony

you want vita to sell? chup down the prices of the memory cards and i might consider

#4 10 months ago
  5. Hirmetrium

Seems like a massively missed opportunity to me. I was going to definitely buy one of these bundles if announced – now I’m much less likely to.

#5 10 months ago