UK Charts: Saints Row 4 holds top, Lost Planet 3 and Killer is Dead place low

Monday, 2nd September 2013 08:59 GMT By Dave Cook

Saints Row 4 has held its position at top of the UK charts for a second week, while newcomers Lost Planet 3 and Killer is Dead fail to ignite healthy sales.

The full top 20 is below. Lost Planet 3 entered at 26, while Killer is Dead placed at 28.

I discussed Killer is Dead’s controversial Gigolo missions and other gameplay elements here.

Missed our Saints Row 4 review round-up? Go here.

1. Saints Row IV
  16. Tomb Raider
  17. Skylanders Giants
  18. Assassin’s Creed III Xbox 360 Classics
  19. Grand Theft Auto IV Xbox 360 Classics
  20. Need For Speed Most Wanted

1. OmegaSlayer

Where’s the acclaimed WiiU saviour The Wonderful 101?

#1 12 months ago
  2. Lengendaryboss

Um it launched and bombed last week. The only one claiming it was a savior was diehard Nintendo fans like Madman Francis.

#2 12 months ago
  3. Professor Zoom

Fifa 13 is selling better than Killer is Dead? What a great laugh.

#2 You are one yourself. Weren’t you one of those who said that when whatever game comes out to the U it will sell better?

#3 12 months ago
  4. Lengendaryboss

@Zoom
    Disagree about me being a Nintendo fan unless you can prove it? I never said that link please?

I am certain I said games could sell better, could implies a strong possibility of something happening. Never said will, should, might i said could.

But you can link to where i said what your saying i said.

#4 12 months ago
  5. VibraniumSpork

Bit sad to see Payday drift so far down (though I guess #9′s still respectable for a relatively new franchise). I wonder if some of that’s down to physical production problems. Copies are selling for well above RRP on eBay and I’ve heard from friends that picking up a copy at retail is proving difficult. I don’t think anyone thought it’d ever shift as well as it has!

#5 12 months ago
  6. SplatteredHouse

Here’s a visual for you: #1 on WiiU = #22 on all-formats.
    (W101 in its second week has moved down to 4th on WiiU; resulting in: http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110015 (…yeah.))

#6 12 months ago
  7. MFBB

#1 the game sold ~5000 units in Japan during release weak…

Total flop, biggest fail I have ever seen from a major platform exclusive.

#7 12 months ago
  8. GrimRita

Make the most of it. The Total War juggernaut is coming this week.

#8 12 months ago
  9. OmegaSlayer

I left that bait for Francis.
    Well, the sales could have gone up because of word of mouth.
    The game doesn’t seem to be my cup of cake, but gamers reactions are fairly positive, so it could do a bit better in week 2, no?

On a side note…too bad THQ didn’t get the chance to reap the efforts of SRIV and Metro, they could have saved the situation.

#9 12 months ago
  10. Clupula

@9 – Damn you, btw, for stealing the comment I was going to make. Although I was going to word it different: “Wow, look at Wonderful 101 burn up those charts! Oh wait…”

So, while we’re here, anyone wanna take bets on how high Zelda will get up the chart? I can see it getting as high as number three for a couple weeks, although the logical part of my brain wants to say the highest it will do is number five. I figure GTA V sales are going to stay at the top until COD comes out, so nothing’s going get higher than that for a few months.

#10 12 months ago
  11. The_Red

Hail the Saints! An awesome game that hopefully keeps selling everywhere.

With that said, it’s a huge bummer to see 2 great Japanese games bomb (Wonderful 101 and Killer Is Dead).

#11 12 months ago
  12. OmegaSlayer

On Gamespot character battles Link lost against a character from League Of Legends.
    I start to figure that Nintendo characters are start feeling some fatigue.
    I say if Zelda reaches number 3 it will stay a week, if it hits number 5 it will stay for more than a week.

Killer Is Dead is the next almost annual Suda game, I started to get annoyed from them, will pick it at bargain price.

Wonderful…
    I had been blocked from Kamiya’s twitter after Platinum got in bed with Nintendo because I told him it was a bad decision.
    A developer should make games for gamers, not for platforms.
    Kamiya has been a dick (most find him funny) and he has an opinion of himself much higher than he deserves.
    It was pretty bad when Kamiya said Inafune was a sell-out, but Kamiya is also the false guy who attacked Itagaki every given day then took pics with him.
    So…Platinum made bad decisions and unfortunately they’re gonna pay the price.

If Zelda doesn’t chart well in UK, Bayo2 will be an announced bomb.

#12 12 months ago
  13. Clupula

@12 – Well, yeah, I don’t see it lasting in the top 10 for more than a month, at most.

#13 12 months ago
  14. viralshag

Haters!!

;)

#14 12 months ago
  15. TheWulf

Not surprised about Saints Row IV. It continues to be glorious, with some of the best silly writing I’ve been fortunate enough to experience of late. Zinyak is bloody brilliant, on every level. He’s the sort of villain that you’re never sure whether you want to root for or not. Which is the best kind of villain.

I’m actually surprised by how good the dialogue in Saints Row IV is in general, though. I mean, I appreciate it as a gloriously fun game in and of itself, and it wins on that level. Yet they went the extra mile and pushed things over the edge by actually having an enjoyable story, with some well-fleshed out characters. The handling of Shaundi and Ben King, for example, is nothing short of incredible.

Also, Matt Miller’s Nyteblade mission. Haven’t laughed like that in a while.

There are so many surprises in that game, where it’ll catch you off guard and do something unusual. Often when you expect it to do something low brow and stupid, and the it doesn’t, it does the complete opposite — and that’s actually funnier.

It’s also really meta, and has a lot to say about videogames as a whole if you dig a little deeper and pay attention to the dialogue. Zinyak himself is very much a gamer, and as such all of his systems are designed around that, which is very entertaining. They even go so far as to include nerd humour, possibly my favourite instance thereof being cycle_array (you’ll see).

It’s stupidly fun and unexpectedly smart and clever at the same time. What an experience it is. It’s a video game savant.

And with Volition working with modders to create an SDK to add new content to Saints Row IV (and prior Saints Row games), I think that this franchise is going to be remembered for a long time. Well, by people insightful enough to appreciate it, anyway. Cult status is a given.

#15 12 months ago
  16. Hcw87

Saints Row 4 has a good story? Now i’ve heard everything.

There isn’t even a story.

#16 12 months ago
  17. TheWulf

Yup, there is. It just went right over your head. Too deep for you, sorry!

I did say you had to be insightful to appreciate it, after all. >_> And you are many things, but insightful isn’t one of them. That’s pretty low on your list.

#17 12 months ago
  18. Hcw87

Well, if you ocunt making up your own story as you play, then sure.

But the story in this game is as bad as the story in Crackdown. Fun game to play, sure. But there is NO immersion whatsoever. And you don’t exactly care much about the characters.

#18 12 months ago
  19. ScouseSte

Saints row 4, all i can think of is Crackdown.

The game is boring its chore to play.

Not what i expected after the last three.

More than likely sell it with out finishing it.

#19 12 months ago