The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD story trailer released

Friday, 30th August 2013 19:04 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD has a story trailer available below the break. Wind Waker HD will be available as a bundle with a special edition Wii U Deluxe system, and will be released September 20 digitally. The packaged version launches October 4. The latest screens and renders can be found through the link (no pun intended).

1. Max Pain

it looks really nice. thought i cant seam to find the “The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD Premium Pack” for my country, which is a shame i would have bought a Wii U for that pack.

#1 11 months ago
  2. Professor Zoom

It looks pretty disappointing actually. This is definitely not a reason to buy a U and neither is Wonder 101.

#2 11 months ago
  3. Lengendaryboss

Oh great the xbox troll is looking to be fed, remember kids to not feed him and whatever you do, DO NOT FOLLOW THE NICE MAN WITH CANDY IN HIS VAN OF HATE :D

#3 11 months ago
  4. FinalStar

Dear VG247 people,

please start fixing the sizes of the YouTube videos you embed – surely you must have noticed by now that pretty much every single recent one is too high. That’s because the automated embed code has been screwy for about one or two weeks now and turns every 16:9 video to 4:3 ratio (i.e. adding two big black bars on top and bottom).

It’s even quite easy: Just change the number in after “height” to the correct one – there you go.

#4 11 months ago
  5. Professor Zoom

#3 Ah not you again, you’re getting quite annoying, just keep ignoring what I have to say and keep doing that, troll.

#5 11 months ago
  6. Max Pain

Lengendaryboss
    just ignore him then?? and talk about the article…

Anyhow, I found out that the UK don’t have this pack up for preorders yet, so maybe my country isn’t screwed just yet :D

The system will be discounted to coincide with the release of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD Premium Pack, which will be available from September 20 in North America and October 4 in Europe.

the game and console will release the same day as the price cut of the Wii U :D

#6 11 months ago
  7. Lengendaryboss

I could but he’s not going anywhere, he’s going to keep stating poorly conceived “Facts” and who is going to feed the poor troll? ;)

Whats the matter? run out of candy? candyman? :D
    Bye, bye.

#7 11 months ago
  8. Professor Zoom

#6 But no one will buy it, you can’t charge full price for a 10 year old remake. I think only the truly core Nintendo fans will buy everything they have to release and I don’t think there are more than 30 millions of you out there, that’s obviously why you’ll have problems selling consoles and appealing to all gamers.

#8 11 months ago
  9. Stephany Nunneley

@4 I have been making the videos 900×675 as told to me by my boss. It seems to be working for others. This video was accidentally published at 700 instead of 900. It is fixed now. :/

#9 11 months ago
  10. Lengendaryboss

Full price means different things to different people http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-06-15-halo-ce-anniversary-to-cost-GBP34-99

#10 11 months ago
  11. Professor Zoom

#10 That was not a remake that was an improvement. Remakes was Crysis 1, Beyond God And Evil, Resident Evil 4 HD, Worms Ultimate Mayhem, Banjo Kazzoie, Banjo Tooie and Perfect Dark. Those were never charged full price for and the enertainment value and love of these is as high as Windwaker.

#11 11 months ago
  12. Lengendaryboss

“Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary is a first-person shooter video game set in the Halo universe and is an enhanced remake of Halo: Combat Evolved.”

Wanna go again?

#12 11 months ago
  13. Sini

No, this game is only decent because it comes bundled free in the $299 box come sept 20th. No way in hell would I pay $40 or more for it. THat trailer is well made, but WW is the weakest console 3d zelda.

#13 11 months ago
  14. Professor Zoom

#12 I don’t care, Microsoft aren’t milking their games as much as Nintendo had milked their games, so you’re obviously cherry picking and again: Crysis 1, Beyond God And Evil, Resident Evil 4 HD, Worms Ultimate Mayhem, Banjo Kazzoie, Banjo Tooie and Perfect Dark. Those were never charged full price for and the enertainment value and love of these is as high as Windwaker.

#14 11 months ago
  15. Lengendaryboss

“That was not a remake that was an improvement.” Proves wrong “I don’t care” changes subject “Microsoft aren’t milking their games as much as Nintendo had milked their games” The problem is? The majority of those games are priced by publishers not MS, only a select few is by MS.

Wanna try again?

#15 11 months ago
  16. FinalStar

@9: You might want to tell Pat to look into his instructions then…

This video, as most other trailers these days, clearly has a display ratio of 16:9 (i.e. widescreen), which at 900 pixels width would mean about 505 pixel height. What you’re embedding instead is 675 pixel which is pretty much 4:3 ratio (i.e. “old” TV) – of course this does work, but obviously there are black borders on top and at the bottom of the videos which shouldn’t really be there (you can compare how the displayed is displayed directly correctly on YouTube.

The reason for this incorrect ratio originates from YouTube, as for about two weeks now, the embed code you get from there for some strange reason always defaults to 4:3 ratio. Using copy and paste won’t fix this, only switching the height manually to the correct number (as mentioned above) does.

#16 11 months ago
  17. Max Pain

Well im might be in the minority but i think WW is a great Zelda game.

and im really looking forward to the new DK game and the new mario! and there are some games on nintendo that i havent played yet that i would like to. new super mario, zombie U , pikmin 3 ect.. i think alot of ppl will see that to :)

by any stretch any Zelda is a good quality game.

#17 11 months ago
  18. Derwarf

@ Legendary

I wouldnt worry, sounds like colourful or bright games are bad. Maybe some need brown and dirty to re-establish the masculine identity?

#18 11 months ago
  19. Kabby

Wind Waker had poor dungeons, the sea exploration was over done and the ending sucked balls. The supporting cast of NPC’s was also pretty terrible. It seemed like a rush job to me. However, it was still better than most of the other games on the GC.

#19 11 months ago
  20. Derwarf

On a constructive note, I dont mind a lot of these remakes (or simple upgrades), as I jumped from snes/megadrive to wii/360/ps3. Although not one to rely on gfx it is a good option to have something updated. Also from talking to workmates/friends I get the impression that this is “timeless” title (for some, not all) so why not allow a new generation to experience it. Strangely I have never once played Zelda for story… so it odd to watch a “story” trailer.

#20 11 months ago
  21. pcbros

This game looks awesome. I can’t wait to play it. It just oozes charm and personality :D Great job Nintendo! Also, Kingdom Hearts Remix looks sweet too. Wish it was coming out for the Wii U.

Maybe we’ll see a $200 250GB PS3 Kingdom Hearts Remix Bundle? The $200 12GB downgrade edition is not what I was waiting for…

On a side not, I can’t wait to see how new Zelda installment will look like.

#21 11 months ago
  22. game_on

I was never too fond of Zelda, never even got further than halfway through several games of the franchise. But based on the trailer, I might give this one a try.

#22 11 months ago
  23. Doppleganger

I would have purchased a wiiu for Ocarina of TIme HD but Wind waker….. they can keep it.
    Nintendo needs to step up their game badly!
    I miss playing enjoyable mario and zelda games.

#23 11 months ago
  24. Cobra951

While the rendering is clearly better than the original’s, it is equally clear that the underlying game and data are the same. I imagine 2D overlays have been redone, and there have been other mods as well. But the meat of the 3D procedural rendering is unchanged. It all looks so very familiar, if sharper and glossier.

I think new WW players will love it. I certainly love the game myself. I just can’t see buying a whole new system to play it again, particularly when my Wii doubles as a progressive-display Gamecube so nicely already. It is tempting, though.

#24 11 months ago
  25. pcbros

@23 – I guess since OoT got a 3DS update, they skipped it on the Wii U.

#25 11 months ago