Baldur’s Gate 2: Enhanced Edition will be released on Mac and PC in November, Beamdog has announced.
The new content in the game comes via quests and story material in Shadows of Amn and the expansion Throne of Bhaal and will be released on iOS and Android following the desktop releases.
Here’s the rundown on the game contents:
- The Final Chapter – Baldur’s Gate 2 Enhanced Edition includes Baldur’s Gate 2: Shadows of Amn and Baldur’s Gate 2 Throne of Bhaal, the epic conclusion of the Bhaalspawn saga.
- Four New Party Members – Bundled with the PC and Mac versions and available as DLC for iPad and Android, four new characters can join you on your journey. At the behest of his dark patron, Dorn Il-Khan plunders and defiles the Sword Coast. Hunted by Red Wizards, Neera the Wild Mage evades and disrupts the Thayans at every turn. Exercising his growing combat mastery, the monk Rasaad yn Bashir leaves his former allies to hunt the dark figure that corrupted his brother. A mysterious thief in service to mysterious master seeks powerful artifacts from across the globe. Recruit them, use their powers, and uncover over 30 new locations.
- The Black Pits 2: Gladiators of Thay – Explore the tactical depth of high-level Dungeons & Dragons combat. Undermine your captors and prey upon their weaknesses while you dodge traps and battle for your life against Demi-Liches, Mind Flayers, and Githyanki.
- Easy Multiplayer – Baldur’s Gate 2 Enhanced Edition makes it easy to find, list, and join multiplayer games, even while behind a firewall.
- Widescreen and More – Baldur’s Gate 2: Enhanced Edition features full widescreen support, remastered area artwork from original renders, and a host of other interface and gameplay improvements.
The game is available for pre-pruchase from the official website and will release on November 15.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.