Grand Theft Auto 5 official trailer is live – watch it here

Thursday, 29th August 2013 15:58 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Grand Theft Auto 5 has a new official trailer available below as promised earlier this week by Rockstar. Enjoy. Grand Theft Auto 5 hits PS3 and Xbox 360 on September 17.

1. KineticCalvaria

Actually a bit disappointed by that, not the best trailer I’ve seen but hey at least the game will no doubt be awesome.

#1 8 months ago
  2. xBASSxMONSTAx

That was rubbish trailer! What a letdown. :(

#2 8 months ago
  3. MidlifeAxe

Yeah, compared to the other trailers they’ve done for the game, that was disappointing.

#3 8 months ago
  4. Lengendaryboss

Its a TV Trailer/Ad BTW.

#4 8 months ago
  5. DSB

They know they don’t have to try. We’re buying this shit anyway :P

#5 8 months ago
  6. VibraniumSpork

This is all well and good but where the Ho killin’ at?

#6 8 months ago
  7. CaptPierce

Ehhh, not the best trailer, but I’m already buying so I need no further convincing.

#7 8 months ago
  8. Andrew C.

Ohh, for the love of GOD! Rockstar, we GOT IT! Another trailer? We will later see:

Release day: Ohh let’s release a release trailer.
    After the release: Release day has passed, let’s make another trailer about the game.
    Etc etc etc..

Rockstar, THE TRAILER GURUs!! :)))

#8 8 months ago
  9. Gameshit

Trailer song is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMRfHBD6afA

#9 8 months ago
  10. Prof Power Glove

YES. I am IN. Previous trailers have been better, that’s true but I am down for this. Only question is; 360 or PS3 this time?!?

#10 8 months ago
  11. monkeygourmet

PC terrorists keep begging, PC gaming killing industry etc… Etc…

#11 8 months ago
  12. absolutezero

I don’t really know why but I have next to no interest in this what so ever. I feel pretty odd knowing that theres a main entry to the GTA series I could not care less about.

I just seems so… old, tired maybe I’m finding it hard to put my finger on it. Perhaps its the voice in the back of my head reminding me that I hated GTA 4 and got tired of both expansion packs.

It might be I remember the massive let-down of seeing the game running on my PS3 for the first time in all its Vaseline smeared glory. Or it could be I could not take another big exciting action piece devolving into more of the exact same courier missions in another part of the city story structure.

3 characters to play as!, yay, I guess… :(

#12 8 months ago
  13. Lengendaryboss

@Monkey
    The Backup curse has spread within you, be gone troll :)

#13 8 months ago
  14. game_on

Didn’t like GTA IV at all, boring missions, boring side quests, too much focus on on-foot missions in which all GTA’s suck. And my best guess is that GTA V is just three times as big as IV with three times the bore. The last good GTA was Vice City imo. Don’t understand all the fuzz about this.

#14 8 months ago
  15. DSB

@12 I’m pretty much there as well. The Housers completely lost the plot the moment they started thinking they were actually good enough to write a game that would be as clever as the best modern tv shows.

It’s like they’re stuck in this fantasy of creating a David Simon, slash Martin Scorcese “jam”. Instead it just feels so incredibly forced, and so far short of the mark.

They really should be worried about making it fun.

When I’m getting it, it’s first and foremost because the systems in GTA IV were truly mindblowing, and I don’t want to miss seeing what they can do technically.

On my last playthrough of GTA IV, I immediately skipped all the cutscenes, and it really made the game three times more enjoyable not having to listen to the majority of that inane drivel. Maybe I should just stick with that for this one.

#15 8 months ago
  16. monkeygourmet

Sorry, I had too! LMAO :D

#16 8 months ago
  17. YoungZer0

@15: Yeah, I never understood the praise for the Housers. Nearly every single character in GTA IV – wait, yeah every single character in GTA IV was a shit head and completely unlikable. I just don’t find full-of-shit characters entertaining. RDR had the same problem. A shitload of unlikable characters. And you usually always have to work for them, because … erm, money, I guess?

#17 8 months ago
  18. monkeygourmet

@topic

I refuse to watch this as we’re soooo lose too release! :)

#18 8 months ago
  19. MidlifeAxe

@11 You can’t steal European’s troll comments. If you take that away from him, what will he have? He’ll have nothing!

#19 8 months ago
  20. monkeygourmet

Keep waiting for RDR PC terrorist! :)

#20 8 months ago
  21. YoungZer0

I thought he was kicked?

#21 8 months ago
  22. Professor Zoom

Looks disappointing actually, I’m sick of playing GTA, it was a quite overhyped game, I think I got all the achievements in GTA IV expect killing all the birds. I want another Fallout (I know it’s not Rockstar) I want them to work on another Red Dead, I want them to work on another Bully, not another GTA, we’ve already got Saints Row which is a much better franchise. GTA feels almost as old-fashioned as all the Nintendo games.

#22 8 months ago
  23. CPC_RedDawn

Whilst I love Saints Row 4 and enjoying it immensely on my PC. I do love GTA, how can you sit there and bash a new game to a franchise that you haven’t even played yet, no one has apart from select reviewers and the devs. How can you make a judgment that GTA sucks when you have not experienced what changes they have made to the game. Having three playable characters is a first for the series giving you different dynamics to the story, and possible gameplay alternatives depending on which character you choose.

Maybe rent the game or play it at a friends house before you bash it.

#23 8 months ago
  24. Hcw87

Saying Saints Row is better than GTA is like saying a Volvo is better than a Ferrari.

#24 8 months ago
  25. cityoftreesca

lol y’all make me sick, talking bout i’m tired of Rockstar games. Then please see your way out of this post and go discuss bioshock infinite or something, i’m excited for this lol.

#25 8 months ago
  26. Professor Zoom

#24 How? Just because GTA is more hyped doesn’t mean it’s better, Saints Row is much better than GTA, one of the reasons, I think is, the ability to choose whatever character you wanna play and make your own looks and not being forced to play some kind of black man or Eastern European with a fake/annoying accent.

#26 8 months ago
  27. Hcw87

Because Rockstar games ALLWAYS live up to their hype. Every single one of them is deserving of their successes.

Also, how does playing a custom character improve gameplay? I find the stuff you can do in singleplayer/multiplayer in GTAV far surpass the stuff you can do in any Saints Row game.

#27 8 months ago
  28. MidlifeAxe

Oh no, not a Saints Row vs. GTA argument.

#28 8 months ago
  29. monkeygourmet

I know, it’s so stupid…

Everyone knows Sleeping Dogs is e best game in this genre…

#29 8 months ago
  30. Hcw87

It’s certainly a better game overall compared to SR.

#30 8 months ago
  31. Professor Zoom

#27 Explain plesase, I think co-op is one of the funniest things about multiplayer, something GTA doesn’t have.

#31 8 months ago
  32. Fin

HYPE

#32 8 months ago
  33. Hcw87

Watch the GTA Online trailer.

It trumps everything when it comes to online coop/pvp in an open world game.

Read it.

16 player online>2 player online.

#33 8 months ago
  34. JamieAllen

My Uncle Alex just got a fantastic black Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab from only workin parttime on a pc… visit the site… C­­a­­f­­e­­4­­4.ℂ­­ℴ­­ℳ

#34 8 months ago