Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn’s Western launch trailer is go, watch here

Tuesday, 27th August 2013 11:51 GMT By Dave Cook

Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn has received its Western launch trailer to mark today’s release on PC and PS3.

The game has proved popular so far, with early access servers being hammered by players logging in to begin their quest. Check out the server issues and Square’s statement on the matter here.

Are you getting the game? Let us know below.

1. locus2k1

Spent a lot of hours online over the Bank Holiday Weekend :D Taken down a couple of Primals, with Garuda up next!

#1 12 months ago
  2. Dave Cook

@1 How are you liking it? :) I may get the PS3 build soon.

#2 12 months ago
  3. locus2k1

Massive improvement over original launch :D

With a couple of 50 jobs I was worried there wouldn’t be a lot there for me to do, but the the Main storyline is so vast that you could take a lvl 1 job to 50 on it (with side missions collected along its path).

The dungeons have a very welcoming difficulty curve, and the only wall I have hit was the Titan fight (due to server lag issues) which took 7-8 attempts.

My 2 year old PC runs it pretty well (Intel i7 Quad Core + ATI HD5750), and have been recording some game-play and cutscenes too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MowQVzSAzIA One of the first dungeons you take on :D

It has been a buggy Early Access (like every other MMO has been), but other than the occasional inability to log on it has been a lot of fun :) The 7 days access I have had on it (4 days Phase 4 Beta + 3 days early access) I have gotten my Marauder/Warrior to lvl 46… Raptr tallies it at 100 hours, so not a bad start there. Hoping to have access to end-game before the weeks end :)

#3 12 months ago
  4. Zeronohero

This game is leaps and bounds over 1.0. Though the servers haven’t been so stable, the game itself is really fun.

#4 12 months ago
  5. viralshag

I might try this out soon (probably tonight haha) but I just started playing Star Trek Online… which so far is also awesome.

#5 12 months ago
  6. Lv01

i played the PS3 beta versions and loved them!
    im looking to pick it up on PS4 though, and am waiting to hear from somewhere if my phase4 beta character data will carry over to PS4… i know it will to PS3, but if it doesnt go to PS4, i may just get the PS3 version…

#6 12 months ago
  7. Blackened Halo

I bought the original FF14 so I got a free A Realm Reborn upgrade :)

#7 12 months ago