Tequila Works bringing Rime to PS4

Tuesday, 20th August 2013 18:54 GMT By Dave Cook

Tequila Works is bringing its colourful platformer Rime to PS4 and PS Vita.

The reveal trailer showed a child walking across a colourful world that smacks of Ico, and comes across phantoms and a large creepy walker in a lovely cel-shaded affair.

The game was announced by SCE’s Michael Denny who described it as an open-world adventure where players will explore the ruins of an ancient civilization scattered about the game world.

A trailer is posted below and so far that’s about all that’s known of the game.

1. Sadismek

I’ve definitely got my eyes on this one. Loved it’s vibe.

#1 1 year ago
  2. EdNorton

Trailer here – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rku4n1uXOrM

#2 1 year ago
  3. DrDamn

Not been able to watch much live, but just dropped in on this, looks great though a ways off I think. Late next year at the earliest.

#3 1 year ago
  4. polygem

uhhh yeah. this one looks just right.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Ireland Michael

Yeah, that was lovely. Its stuff like this that is solidifying my decision to go with the PS4 first. This lineup is making the X1 look like an utter borefest.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Ge0force

@5 Same here, I’m getting tired of the blockbusters always doing the same stuff. Lots of those indie games look fresh and at least there’s some stuff we haven’t seen before.

#6 1 year ago
  7. pandulce1

The character reminds me of ICO. Seems like a nice adventure game, I’m really liking look of this one.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Joe Musashi

This was very eyecatching. Though I wonder how much of it was conceptual given that the statement before the trailer was about “showing the ambition for the game”.

I think Sony’s first and second party developers already assure a certain pedigree of game and will deliver the more hi-octane mainstream stuff.

I think the diversity offered by indie development is a very good complement to that sort of content. The more of that stuff coming through for all platforms the better.

And just like the music industry – you never know when an indie is going to make a big impact. Media Molecule were indie. That Game Company etc. Mojang.

So, yeah, diversity of content and tone is compelling.

JM

#8 1 year ago
  9. shogunknight

@8 +1

#9 1 year ago
  10. redwood

this looks like it’s taking a lot from ico. :) but I just love this ..really gonna play this whenever it comes out.

#10 1 year ago