Sony to announce “release plans” for PS4 at Gamescom presser, also Vita update

Saturday, 17th August 2013 00:07 GMT By Phil Owen

We previously discussed how Sony would be talking about unannounced games at their press conference in Germany on Tuesday, but hidden away on uk.playstation.com is this tidbit: “We’ll kick off the show at 18:00 BST on 20 August 2013 with a briefing to media on our release plans for PlayStation 4, as well as updates on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita.” So expecting release dates is in fact the thing to do, as we suspected. And could those PS3 and Vita updates involve price drops?

1. Hcw87

Better not be an announcement of delays in certain markets like MS did. Will fuck up my plans for next-gen this year.

#1 8 months ago
  2. Phil Owen

No way would they tell everybody to watch them announce a delay.

#2 8 months ago
  3. Joe Musashi

It’d be quite memorable if they did though.

JM

#3 8 months ago
  4. FrankWhite

I’m ready for a release date, I’m tired of wondering how long I will have to wait. I am curious which platform will launch earlier, PS4 or Xbone.

#4 8 months ago
  5. Cleaderwoo

I hope the vita gets a “landmark” update (4.0, 5.0, etc) with some major features people have been wanting. That should get the ball rolling while they have some games lined up for launch.

#5 8 months ago
  6. Obernox

Vita needs a memory card price drop, sole reason i haven’t purchased one yet.

#6 8 months ago
  7. Christopher Jack

They’re going to announce that they’ve dropped full support for the PlayStation Vita & have forbidden anyone to develop anything for, including mods, under penalty of being the daily sacrifice to the sun- May the Light Continue Shining!

#7 8 months ago
  8. FuntimeBen

I really hope for a release date of the PS4! If they can squeeze it out before the Xbox One I will be a happy camper. I am so pumped for SONY this console cycle. Finally I feel vindicated being a Playstation fan. I mean I was a PS3 fan last go round, but had 2 360s. Not exactly the picture of a supporter.

#8 8 months ago
  9. OmegaSlayer

Release date is the deciding factor here.
    Many PS2 owners purchased a 360 because they wanted to jump into next gen as early as possible, and then they persauded friends to buy the 360 to play online.

A source close to Sony said on NeoGaf that the release date is so soon that there’s no way MS can backfire or push the release date closer.

#9 8 months ago
  10. gomersoul

I hope sony get this right the toys r us rumour of december 13th sucks balls.

@6 I agree the cards are too expensive but i’ll always believe the unit should come with 32gb internal storage, it’s bullshit that most games need a memory card to work and the 4gb is bundled with, that fits fuck all on it. welcome to digital future. I paid way over the odds for my 32gb card which i have filled and hate changing cards.

@8 why did you have 2 360s? did one break?! :)

#10 8 months ago
  11. vicrysty

Better bring on PS4, franchises:
    Dino Crisis (Capcom)
    Onimusha (Capcom)
    Parasite Eve (Square)
    And make a sequel to Shadow of Rome (Capcom). At least Capcom’s renounced these games and new franchises that have appeared are more bad.

#11 8 months ago
  12. Fin

HYPE

#12 8 months ago
  13. TD_Monstrous69

Totally expected, but none the less good news 2 hear.

#13 8 months ago
  14. Erthazus

Vita update lol. PS vita pets…

#14 8 months ago
  15. Lengendaryboss

Trolololololololol ;) :)

#15 8 months ago
  16. Cort

Late October.

#16 8 months ago
  17. ps4

Get a Free ps4 Click Here

#17 8 months ago
  18. ps3fanboy

i will go for the none forced ps+ plan….

#18 8 months ago