Arma 3 release date confirmed for September

Thursday, 8th August 2013 14:36 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Arma 3 has been given a solid release date for September.

Earlier this week, Bohemia Interactive announced the tactical shooter’s campaign would be released in three free episodes after the game’s initial launch in September.

An exact date was not provided, but today the developer said it would be released in digital and physical form on September 12 worldwide.

To launch the countdown, the Arma 3 devevelopment team is hosting an official Twitch.tv livestream on Saturday August 10 at 17.00 UTC to provide a sneak peek at Arma 3’s release package.

The livestream is expected to last about one hour.

1. xXNapsterManXx

Mother Fuckers, In Australia we vote on the 13th and it right in between Rome 2 and GTAV

#1 1 year ago
  2. SlayerGT

PS4 pretty pleeeeease! :)

#2 1 year ago
  3. AmeriToast

@2 Doubt it, Arma 3 would not work well on any console because it has too many controls and neither the X1 or PS4 has a way to deal with that. If you want Arma 3 get a pc that can handle it.

#3 1 year ago
  4. SlayerGT

@3 You saying Bohemia is incapable? Not good enough huh? We’ll I thought they did a fantastic job with Flashpoint. I enjoyed it more than the PC version. Sure it didn’t look quite as nice, but it fine. Played great.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Max Payne

@4 Flashpoint Dragon Rising was developed by Codemasters.

#5 1 year ago
  6. SlayerGT

@5 Oh God no! Elite for Xbox I mean. Sorry I should have clarified. I forgot about that pile.

#6 1 year ago
  7. powerbuoy

@3 – I honestly wish they’d work a bit on the control scheme. IMO the Action Menu (scroll wheel) is just pathetic for a game released in 2013. Why the hell would I need to scroll up and down to reload my weapon, open doors or enter vehicles? There should be an action button that is context sensitive that you can use to do these things.

I know it SORT OF works like that now with the default action (just press space if the icon in the center of the screen is correct) but the scroll menu is still annoying. At least remove weapon switching and reload from it. Reload is easily done with R or any other key of your choosing.

I know Dslyecxi had a rant about this a while back: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-Ve4PJQhjY

If they managed to update the controls to the modern age, I really don’t see how they couldn’t map them to a controller. Ok maybe they’d need to do something like alternative actions if you hold L1 or something. So that normally square means reload, but L1+square means change fire mode. I’m sure they could figure it out.

With that being said, I prefer to play with mouse and keyboard. Nothing beats the precision of a mouse.

#7 1 year ago
  8. nollie4545

This is the inherent problem with PC simulators at the moment, too many controls and very complex interface which is not conductive to smooth and slick game play. I’m not saying that Arma3 needs to be modeled on COD/BF but it does need a rethink. If they nailed the game play and controls they would have a world beater the ingredients are all there.

I fully agree with the need for middle button scrolling type menu stuff, its an absolute nightmare in an intense firefight.

#8 1 year ago
  9. DSB

@8 Without complexity and a certain number of systems, it wouldn’t be a simulator though.

You end up with something like Dragon Rising, or Wings of Prey. It’s been done time and time again, and at least in my opinion, those games can’t hold a candle to a real simulator.

Sims are challenging, but then that’s the whole point. The fact that it’s hard to fly a plane or command a squad is part of the allure.

#9 1 year ago
  10. SlayerGT

They could use the DS4 touchpad for all the menu business. I could design it.

#10 1 year ago
  11. Erthazus

Someone don’t fucking know what is ArmA 3 if he thinks about consoles.

this game is not about AUTO-AIM and bullet magnetism. You even can press ALT+Mouse to look everywhere you want like in real life (by shaking your head or turning it right or left) and run at the same time and you can’t do that with the controller.

Controls in this game are fantastic. There are a lot of features that you can do.

and it’s not even realistic by the way. There are mods that use almost every damn button on the keyboard.

controller is the worst possible mechanism for FPS. There are 16 buttons and that is just not enough for this game.

Need I to remind that there are Commands for the radio too?

@powerbuoy, “IMO the Action Menu (scroll wheel)”

CHANGE THE BUTTON DAMN IT. I always use Enter for this thing.

#11 1 year ago
  12. GwynbleiddiuM

@10 Get it on Steam and you’ll be happier for it as I am. :D

#12 1 year ago
  13. SlayerGT

@11 You could run and look around independently on the Xbox version. It’s not impossible. I never liked that anyway though. I’d be happy with some ir tracking though. Some PlayStation Eye perhaps. Would be sweet.

#13 1 year ago
  14. SlayerGT

@12 I wish. You wanna know my pc specs? I’ll give you a hint. I bought it 3 years ago for about $300 new…it’s a word processor and internet surfer.

#14 1 year ago
  15. Tavarish

@13 Arma 2 & 3 has TrackIR support.

#15 1 year ago
  16. SlayerGT

@15 indeed. It’d been nice to utilize on a PS4…if they were kind enough to port it.

#16 1 year ago
  17. powerbuoy

@11 dude I love this game, it’s damm near perfect. But check out Dslycxi’s video if you don’t understand what I mean about the action menu.

#17 1 year ago