Microsoft to reveal unannounced Xbox One title at gamescom – rumour

Wednesday, 7th August 2013 12:54 GMT By Dave Cook

Microsoft has said to be revealing a new unannounced Xbox One title at gamescom this month. Stop the bus! It’s a shocker!

Speaking with Gamefront – as translated by GAF – an alleged source close to Microsoft told the site, “”Yes, there will be an unannounced game for Xbox One shown for the first time.”

Yeah, it’s so thin it’s anorexic, but considering recent rumours regarding Microsoft franchises as of late, we could be looking at something interesting if this is true.

For one, what about Phil Spencer’s recent harping about Crackdown?

Or how about what about that rumoured Unreal Engine 4 project over at Lionhead?

Thoughts?

1. Lengendaryboss

Interesting: i think MS has announced 13 exclusives (in their mindset) out of the 15? i’m not sure i check that out and edit.

I wonder what it could be?

#1 8 months ago
  2. redwood

all i want to know is if it is powered by cloud or not..that’s all i want to know.. fuck the gameplay! I want cloud powered lighting, cloud powered particles,, heck i want a cloud powered coffee machine.. so that I never run out of coffee!!!!…!!!!!

#2 8 months ago
  3. Lengendaryboss

Edit: From Wikipedia apparently MS have 17 exclusives although if we disregard a few Kinect only titles and re-releases then it becomes less.

2013: Dead Rising 3, Forza Motorsport 5, Killer Instinct, LocoCycle, Minecraft: Xbox One Edition, Ryse: Son of Rome and Zoo Tycoon.

2014: Below, Crimson Dragon, D4, Halo 5, Kinect Sports Rivals, Powerstar Golf, Project Spark, Quantum Break and Sunset Overdrive.

#3 8 months ago
  4. MCTJim

World of Warcraft?….KOTOR?

#4 8 months ago
  5. Erthazus

Fable obviously.

#5 8 months ago
  6. DrDamn

Crackdown 3

#6 8 months ago
  7. MCTJim

Fable Huh…meh, my son loved Fable..not my cup of tea though.

#7 8 months ago
  8. Pytox

something censored prolly, cause it’s in germany :p

#8 8 months ago
  9. pauluk

its left for dead 3

#9 8 months ago
  10. xxJPRACERxx

@6 Oh yeah, Crackdown 3 would be very nice!

#10 8 months ago
  11. VibraniumSpork

@9 I know you may be trolling, but if L4D3 free *was* an exclusive (well, aside from the PC edition) that’d be massive lure for me in buying an XB1. They enjoyed the same exclusivity for 1 & 2, why not 3?

#11 8 months ago
  12. kingy

Please be gears of war then Microsoft I am yours again

#12 8 months ago
  13. bradk825

One does wonder, doesn’t one?

@3 I’m sure you’re missing a few, for example Titanfall isn’t there.

#13 8 months ago
  14. bradk825

@12 A new cross-license title, like AVP, it’s Gears of Minecraft. You have to out-tunnel the Locusts and you can’t get any lumber until you find a lancer. Retro lancer is for killing the sheep.

#14 8 months ago
  15. MrWaffles

Space Channel 5 obviously.

#15 8 months ago
  16. loci

NSA Tycoon.

#16 8 months ago
  17. Moonwalker1982

@2 A new Gears is a given at some point. But i really do wonder where they want to go with Gears. The story is really over…..so….what?

I hope this is Fable 4 and that they show that they learned from their mistakes. So a good combat system, more adult/dark, and more similar to Witcher than old Fables. Hey i can hope.

#17 8 months ago
  18. Lengendaryboss

@Moonwalker
    Its a given but not anytime soon.

#18 8 months ago
  19. stretch215

@6 A new crackdown would be awesome! I’ve been replaying it since it’s free right now and I’m having a blast. Imagine on next gen.

#19 8 months ago
  20. Moonwalker1982

Sorry for the fans, but i am glad. Seems like they realize they need to ease down with that. Give the new IP’s a fair chance first.

#20 8 months ago
  21. bradk825

@17 well they’ve shown a criminal past for Marcus, Cole and Baird so far, lol, just need to see what illegal shit Dom has done in the past and we have the quadfecta.

Gears of War: Liquor Store. Dom knocks over a liquor store with a lancer, spends the rest of the day hiding from the cops in a trash can.

It’s a short game, but pretty good because it has a gun with a chainsaw on it anyway.

#21 8 months ago
  22. Gheritt White

Fable, blates.

Actually, L4D3 does make more sense.

#22 8 months ago
  23. Dragon246

Well duh, they will do that, so we Sony,Ubi and many others.
    I am skeptical about their conference though, they just went all out at E3, and have probably shown 90% of their first party X1 games (out of 15), whereas Sony has 20 first games for the first year, and have shown only a handful of them, probably keeping most of Gamescom by their own admission, as EU is their biggest market.

#23 8 months ago
  24. kingy

@14 lol that would be awsome ,you might have a pitch for Microsoft there

#24 8 months ago
  25. tCruzin

Fingers crossed for L4D3 but I’m not holding my breath.

#25 8 months ago
  26. skydivinggamer

@13 titanfall isnt xbox exclusive and i wish people would stop saying it is, i know you xbots very much but still :)

#26 8 months ago
  27. skydivinggamer

* dont have very much *

#27 8 months ago
  28. Moonwalker1982

If we’re looking at the consoles though, it IS an exclusive. :)

#28 8 months ago
  29. Lengendaryboss

@13/28
    Published By Microsoft was the ones i listed: technically its a next-gen console exclusive but exclusive is pushing it.

#29 8 months ago
  30. aaron_avelino

I hope it is the one from black tusk studio…

#30 8 months ago
  31. MCTJim

Still holding out for WoW and KOTOR

How about Starcraft?

#31 8 months ago
  32. sebastien rivas

Sweet list,

Do some of you buy all exclusives no matter the genre/game play and style?

#32 8 months ago
  33. evilfuguru

Shenmue 3

#33 8 months ago
  34. bobnice

Im predicting this is how it will happen. Phil Spencer will walk out on stage, slowly lift up his shirt sleeve and reveal a GTA5 tattoo.

#34 8 months ago
  35. DreadSabot

Crackdown 3 would be a must have for me personally – just love that whole game and would love it on a bigger scale with bigger city or maybe a coupd of cities – woot

#35 8 months ago
  36. Lewis247

Can’t believe I never pieced the two together, Hopefully it is Crackdown 3. That’s a borderline console seller at the moment for me.

#36 8 months ago
  37. monkeygourmet

Left for Dead 3 would make it very difficult to completely ignore the Xbone. It’s a huge franchise for my friends and I on 360…

#37 8 months ago
  38. Phoenixblight

Not going to happen.

#38 8 months ago
  39. Major Mayhem 70

Well considering that I don’t play games on my PC and Titanfall isn’t going to play on my PS4, I’m going to consider Titanfall a console exclusive. But that’s just me…

#39 8 months ago
  40. Major Mayhem 70

Playing it exclusively on my Xbox1.

#40 8 months ago
  41. bobnice

Titanfall is a Microsoft exclusive. Its on Windows PC’s, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. If they dont want to call Titanfall an exclusive because it’s launching on PC as well, then they can’t call Warframe and Planetside 2 a playstation exclusive because they are also on PC as well.

#41 8 months ago
  42. Lengendaryboss

@40+41
    if we were to speak technically Titanfall is not exclusive (multiple platforms), nor console exclusive (two consoles) at best its next gen version is next gen exclusive (and even then its not a official term).Those two examples are console exclusive not PlayStation exclusive: PlayStation console exclusive is that term (again not official).

I love it when people use terminology how they see fit even if its not true.

#42 8 months ago
  43. skydivinggamer

False it has nothing to do with microsoft. Unlike MS SONY actually own PS2 and unlike titanfall which will most certainly come to PS4 aftet awhile you will never come to XB1, its only a timed exclusive

#43 8 months ago
  44. MCTJim

@43 ahhh..no..from the dev themselves: http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/titanfall-developers-spell-out-benefits-of-xbox-one-cloud/

#44 8 months ago
  45. Phoenixblight

They confirm nor deny about Titanfall on the PS4. Xbox One Cloud is nothing that Amazon or Sony could eventually do. MS just took it upon themselves to use their own cloud service in a way that Amazon does just cheaper.

#45 8 months ago
  46. Major Mayhem 70

@ Legendaryboss
    I love it when technical people get so anal that they can exclusively stick it up their anus…

The general point is that it won’t be on PS4 and deep down it irks people cause the game looks amazing. To be fair Sony has games that won’t be coming to the X1. It’s this reason why I preordered both systems. I don’t wanna miss shit. You can say I wanna make sure that I’m “inclusive” to all the “exclusives”.

#46 8 months ago
  47. DrDamn

“It’s definitely not out of the question,” – that’s what the devs themselves have said.

#47 8 months ago
  48. Lengendaryboss

Nothing to do with being anal, its technically the truth you wanna argue against that; good luck. Just because you’re getting it on one system doesn’t make it exclusive. Deep Down’s publisher Capcom don’t know if its exclusive or not and Titanfall see 47/45

Thats why i said “I love it when people use terminology how they see fit even if its not true.”

But cheap remarks will get you nowhere.

#48 8 months ago
  49. Major Mayhem 70

Well Sony fanboy, while your waiting for Titanfall to come out in 2015, I’ll be enjoying it in 2014. Exclusively.

#49 8 months ago
  50. Lengendaryboss

Funny… PS3fanboy calls me a Xbot/PC Master Race Member, Francis calls me a Nintendo Hater, other members have called me balanced and you are calling me Sony Fanboy: Somewhere along lines is hypocrisy within each of you fanboys and i have proved that plenty of times. Nintendo fanboy = Francis, PS3fanboy and Xbox fanboy you.

Anyway my response is going to be similar to what i told those two: Universal gamer.

Until you can put your money where your mouth is as usual you can’t prove shit just like the discussions we had before you couldn’t prove anything: talking right out of your ass.

I don’t want Titanfall, so no waiting will be involved: so whether you enjoy or not i couldn’t give a damn.

Done.

#50 8 months ago
  51. Major Mayhem 70

Dude you continuously talk out your ass, arse, anus, rectum , I’ll let you decide which one you prefer talking out of.
    You have this attitude like your some Video Game Guru. This may be the reason you have people chewing you out all the time. Take the stick out your butt and maybe you might not get your feelings hurt, cause your no match for me or those that I’ve noticed verbally abusing you. I almost feel sorry for you… Nah, that was just gas. Your response to this article is a prime example of your need to draw negative attention to yourself. Don’t nobody give a damn why Titanfall shouldn’t be considered an exclusive. Those that are getting it only care that they’re getting it and Sony has to wait and wonder. Besides, the dual shock isn’t good for FPS so you not wanting it is understandable. But I’m getting it. Yes sir, I’m getting that exclusive as soon as it drops. I own a PC and a 360 but I want it on the Xbox One… Exclusively … I’m not even going to the store to buy it. I’m going to download it. And it bothers you… Cause that’s the type of person you are. A hater. Now your dismissed. Run along troll.

#51 8 months ago
  52. Lengendaryboss

Yet you can’t prove any of what your saying.

Well clearly you give a damn to draw it out in that long paragraph.

At the end of the day facts are facts. Not even planning to get PS4/One and you assume its because of controller preference? (Wrong). Don’t want Titanfall, full stop.

You can’t prove i’m Sony fanboy so you move onto troll and hater: which you can’t prove again. I don’t care what you feel.

Its not me whose been dismissed its you: when you come back with no proof let that be my victory.

Edit: Seeing as you can’t read i said i don’t care if you enjoy it or not but stick your conspiracy theories its what your good at ;)

Edit 2: My response you mean listing exclusives out of interest and proving you wrong on your definition of exclusive: oh wait you stick to rumours and your ill-advized/concieved opinion.

#52 8 months ago
  53. Joe Musashi

If Titanfall is going to be full of gamers like that.. ..yeah. I’ll happily give it a miss.

JM

#53 8 months ago
  54. machy

@51 u need to chill out

and DS has a legacy ”fighting, racing, FSP ..etc” so some of us DS is theEee GAME PAD

and if titanfall turned out to be great not just another over rated FPS i’ll just get it on my PC and i won’t need to get a x180 for it so it NOT an exclusive #dealwithIt

#54 8 months ago
  55. Major Mayhem 70

That PC that runs windows?!? Sure, get it for that…dumbass. @machy have fun with it in 2015…. Maybe… Maybe not. Frustrating not knowing for certain ain’t it.
    @ Legendary oh that’s right, I already dismissed u. I forgot, good day 😜

#55 8 months ago
  56. Phoenixblight

Xbox One runs three versions of WIndows.. SO I am not sure what your point is about PC running windows.

#56 8 months ago
  57. Lengendaryboss

Thats what i thought:

Definition:
    Console exclusivity refers to the status of a video game being released on only one video game console. Not two.

Exclusivity refers to the status of a video game being released on only one video game console or handheld video game platform unavailable to purchase elsewhere. Not three.

#57 8 months ago
  58. super3001

xone runs win8 kernel for desktop/apps, a custom game os and a virtualisation hypervisor.

#58 8 months ago